Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690585
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Claymore 2019 - disappointing?  (Read 4143 times)

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Claymore 2019 - disappointing?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »
, and the other was inspired by something she saw there to make a Fimo mushroom (with an added donut, for some reason ...).

My first thought from this had me expecting to see the doughnut on top of the mushroom, now I'm wondering if the doughnut is made from mushrooms.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 05:11:21 PM »
I went firvthe first time last year, love it but then went to carronade this year...and claymore doesn’t compare, has a grand time but a wee bit disappointed in the trader selection, especially no footsore miniatures.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 05:55:30 PM »
Have to say, I was also disappointed in the bring and buy, didn't seem like a very broad selection, though if you wanted big bags of cheap 15mm lead, and didn't mind minifigs etc, you were well served.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 08:45:02 PM »
The composition of a bring and buy is entirely at the mercy of people who bring stuff to sell!

Besides, you didn't buy my 28mm Arab/Israeli kit  :'(
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 11:07:31 PM »
The composition of a bring and buy is entirely at the mercy of people who bring stuff to sell!

Besides, you didn't buy my 28mm Arab/Israeli kit  :'(

Bah  - who wants 28mm Arab Israeli kit, now if you had 28mm AWI, or WW2 stuff like Italians or Soviets, or even Japanese or US Marines..   might have been a different story. There was virtually nothing along those lines. And I don't buy painted stuff.  :D

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »
Far too many times the shows suffer from a lack of effort. I have discussed this in the past about the games on display lacking spectacle. While i appreciate that not everyone is interested in that, i don't see the point of putting on a game if it's neither a fun participation game or a display game that makes you go "That's good". 

Claymore had a couple of games on display that you can see the participants put in amazing effort and thought. Sadly they were very few and like many of the shows i used it as a way to catch up with friends rather than be inspired by the games.

I was due to have a game but family event came up which involved me having to leave the show early. The guys at the Club knew about this a few weeks in advance but sadly they must not have found anyone to take my table space. Strangely we have some really talented guys who attend the shows up here with tables that are out of this world but for one reason or another don't like to take display them at the events.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 02:15:39 PM »
A shame, I would have liked to see some of the Jacobites in the field :-)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
A shame, I would have liked to see some of the Jacobites in the field :-)

It was the plan but i was double booked. I was only able to attend in the morning for a few hours then back home to Glasgow.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
It was the plan but i was double booked. I was only able to attend in the morning for a few hours then back home to Glasgow.

Ah well, maybe I can get mine painted and on the table, won't be as nice as yours though. And I'm still waiting for the British Army opponents. There are plenty of other things in the painting queue first though.