Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

Professor Svennn or "Where's this damned statuette ?"  (Le Matou Rouge)
84 (43.1%)
The Lake of the Gods (WestfaliaChris)
111 (56.9%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Author Topic: ROUND 10 Professor Svennn or "Where's this statuette ?" vs The Lake of the Gods  (Read 14794 times)

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
Thanks for all your comments, fellows, but as Pil already noticed, You had to know that the ourang-outang is a pre-painted plastic toy (from Schleich, Hitman, but now OOP I think  :'() so TREAT IT AS A SCENERY WHEN YOU VOTE, please  ;)

Anyway, I'm as Hammers not at all in retro SF but your picture composition is so moody  :-* Chris that I don't stand a chance ( and my figures don't match very well).

@ Svennn : of course, it's you ! He just had a goattee instead of the mullet but that should be a miscast of your magic attic  :)
By the way, I didn't know you would spend your holydays scubba-diving in Jamaïca  :D

meow,
Matt

We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
There are a lot of cool things to see in both images! The first one tells a nice story and the urangetan adds a lot of questions to the story which I like. The professor and porters work really well. I also like how you managed to use paper as a rocky background. It works very well.

The second shot is just perfect. It looks so much like a movie still it's almost scary. The vehicle, the posing of the miniatures, the backdrop, the dinosaur...perfect. Absolutely your best entry so far and one of the better ones of this round. Awesome Chris!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
I love the dino in the second picture - who's the manufacturer?  Where can I buy one?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
I love the dino in the second picture - who's the manufacturer?  Where can I buy one?

Only saw your post right now, sorry for that. The T-Rex is an old toy (some 15+ years), which I bought as a souvenir from Senckenberg Natural History Museum in Frankfurt (am Main, not in Kentucky or an der Oder, that is).

Unfortunately, I don´t exactly remember the manufacturer - I THINK it was "Natural History Collection" or something, but I sanded the bottom imprint off when I re-painted him in 2006. Those dinosaurs were molded in a rather hard plastic, in single colour. Unfortunately, the plastic is similar to that used on some plastic soldiers, and doesn´t take too well to paint - I recently tried to re-paint a Brontosaurus from the same range, only to have the basecoat flaking off in droves. I think I used some outdoors primer for the Rex, but I still suspect it mainly stays up because the skin is so rough (excellent sculpting, BTW, although the feet and hands are rather simply done. But overall, it´s a nice, classic pre-Bakker interpretation of the Rex.

Since voting has ended, here are some pics of the Rex and the Tank:

Maybe someone recognizes the manufacturer. I saw them sometime ago cheaply on the web (regular sales shop), but cannot find them anymore.