Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:08:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Not Time Bandits  (Read 1737 times)

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Not Time Bandits
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:34:39 AM »
Morning all.  Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it seems so to me 'cos of what I want them for.
Does anyone know of a source of "Time Bandits" style 28mm figures, other than the Northumberland "Time Robbers" (which I'm afraid are way to chunky to use with my other 28mm minis which are Hasslefree, NorthStar, LeadAdventure, CP etc sized) , or a good starting point for conversions?
I thought it would be easy enough to start from a few generic dwarf minis but all the ones I'm looking at are kitted out in heavy armour and don't lend themselves to what I want to do.
Cheers, GDonk

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Not Time Bandits
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:59:18 AM »
A lot of the early Citadel dwarfs didn't have armour. Also, war machine crew with mostly be weaponless if that's what you're after.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
Cheers Paul. I'll look at those options. All the best, Joe

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 03:13:27 PM »
Have you looked at the Oathmark Dwarf Infantry by Northstar minis?
They're plastic and so easily re-purposed.

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
I would have thought size/proportion wise hobbits/halflings would be better base figures for conversion.

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 07:56:22 PM »
John & Jon, thanks both.  I'll look at the Oathmark dwarfs, as plastic is definitely my preferred medium.  Am also looking at halflings as well

All the best, Joe

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
There's a nice new halfling Blood Bowl team, but they might be too large.

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
Thanks ecurtz.

I have just taken delivery of some Mantic Warpath Brokkrs - forge father - Dwarves, from the very helpful Aden at www.smallworldgames.co.uk - excellent service and highly recommended by the way. They fit the bill for my size requirements.  The plastic material they're made from is a bit of a pain to clean up but I think they're going to make a reasonable starting base.  Some head swaps, arm swaps, leg and feet swaps, greenstuff etc and I should be there in about five years or so!!  Am now looking for those various replacement heads etc, etc, etc. Also got a few of those Oathmark Dwarves. Will post pics if I ever get beyond just thinking about it and actually get them put together!  Thanks for all the suggestions. GDonk.