Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689241
  • Total Topics: 118265
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I've fallen into Shadespire  (Read 10828 times)

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
Re: I've fallen into Shadespire
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »
Wow really impressive. Love the boards !
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 09:53:14 PM »
Fantastic take on Stormcasts, really good job!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 09:22:43 AM »
Nice conversions. And yes, I like Shadespire too. A lot.
Tbh, I became sort of a GW-fanboy the last couple of months. Like their games, like their models. Who would have guessed after a GW-hiatus of 15+ years..  o_o
Your resistance is low.
I think they make a pill for that.  :-)

Grimm

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »
I finished the other statue warbands :)

The Farstriders were somehow tricky. First of all, I took the eagle away. I didn't like the idea of a stone bird (you know, that's the weird way suspension of disbelief works :?) neither fancied the 'Clash of the Titans' mechanical bird concept. So I totally replaced it.

I also took the crests away and touched the crossbows/bolt throwers/whatever those ugly things are. They are still ugly, but bearable :P

Same thing about the painting process:

For the Cursebreakers I used some of the bits I had left from the core box:

These eventually turned into these:

So here you have the three stone warbands (I think there's an intruder in this pic, shhhh :-X):

Everything related to this is here:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/02/set-in-stone.html

I'm already working on new stuff, I hope I can bring it up over here anytime soon.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »
Very nice. The temptation to have the basing match the figure is one that must be hard, but they look better for being slightly different.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »
Can't say I'm too interested in Stormcast Eternals, Shadespire or Age of Sigmar. Just not my cup of tea, stylistically.
But.. this looks great. Excellent work. Please make more!
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 02:33:12 PM »
Revisiting the Khorne warband from the core box again. It's a commission for the pal I painted the first band in this thread for. We discussed for some time how were I to approach these minis; I have the Sepulchral Guard (the skellies) and I was thinking of a One Thousand and One Nights vibe, I mean, turbans, scimitars. My pal liked the idea and we thought 'why not? Let's try the concept on these minis first and see what comes out of it'
To give them another twist, I used these GW bits so I ended up with a tribe of desert nomad cannibal ghouls of Khorne. Or something, just mix up those words at will ;D. Given that ghouls have an Arabic origin, it was a fun way of making a pastiche, in the finest Warhammer tradition :D

I used mostly earthy colours, but for red (to tie them in with Khorne) and the yellow turbans, to make them stand out a little. I kept the basic poses to make them recognizable. The exception is the guy with the spear, but he bears a two handed weapon anyway, so there should be no problem.

Maybe not perfect conversions ;D, but I think they work at tabletop distance. More of it on the blog:
https://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/03/desert-nomad-cannibal-ghouls-of-khorne.html

I don't know if I'll repeat the thing on the skellies, but I'll discover it eventually :D

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 03:33:15 PM »
I'd already fallen into buying the game, so I thought it was safe to visit this thread; now I want surfaces like those! Nice work - on the models too, of course. 8) 8) 8)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
Lovely conversions and painting. Urgh. If only I was already retired. So little time! Chaos gods - can you make me old?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
Those are absolutely great. You make Shadespire look fun.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »
Yet another crazy warband! A commission for a friend. He got the Dwarfs, the Chosen Axes band, but wanted them to look like old, proper Slayers, keeping somehow the original poses (to make them recognizable). This proved to be a tricky challenge, as some of the heads were truly impossible to rearrange and many pieces of the multi-part kit were quite a nightmare. Anyway, I managed to get this:

Painting them was supposed to be easy. I used the very classic white and blue stripes trousers:

But my friend considered they looked too uniform. He wanted more variety, so I saved one and changed the rest...

Here's the final result:

It was fun, the process of making new minis look like old concepts was appealing, so I really enjoyed it all :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »
Awesome, and I agree - the pants definitely looked too uniform.  Great lookin' group of slayers there.  Glad to see them reverted to classical looking slayers instead of the bizarre Fyreslayers with the random mohawk-crowns?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 187
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
Very convincing conversions you have done here. Good work.

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2019, 07:57:26 AM »
Gorgeous work all round, but I particularly love the stunties!

So much so that I missed that they were a conversion, walked into my LGS today to buy some of my own and was very disappointed when I realised the sculpts all have goofy helmets and no pants :(