Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

The Lost Valley - or was that being lost in the valley..? (Braxandur)
140 (74.5%)
The Rescue (Sinewgrab)
48 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Author Topic: ROUND 10 The Lost Valley - or was that being lost in the valley.. vs. The Rescue  (Read 9792 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
I have to choose just one of these?  :o

The armoured mammoth & robot (and the robot's name!) are great, but so is the presentation and painting in the first one - the scenery is very cool.

Can't choose... o_o

Who makes the porters in the first entry? Been wondering who makes 'native assistants' and porters suitable for pulp...

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
I believe they are Foundry figures and I have them in the lead pile!

Bill

"vonkluge"

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Indeed, they are from the Darkest Africa line from Foundry. The rubbury/Plastic Dino travelled from China and was used once in a scenario, Bit annoying is that the rubbery quality easily shines through the paint :(
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Two more awesome entries. So many little things make both of these entries so neat. Well done gentlemen!!
Good luck to you both.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Both very nice entries. The first picture looks really good as a diorama, except that I'm not too fond of the dinosaur model, it's a bit too toy-like. The second one has the humour and a nice variety of models, but lacks a bit in colour. In the end I went for diorama over humour, but I have to say the painting on the mammoth is especially nice 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Well, a Forge World model is usually high quality, and that one cost me a pretty penny to gte sent to me here in the states, so he got a good paint job. Heavy bugger, though - he's solid.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Two nice entries gents! The dinosaur in the first indeed has a lot of toyiness to it, but the paintjob is well done Brax! Maybe a game with dinosaurs, pygmees and heroes in the future?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
The dino indeed has a very high toy factor. I thought I didn't have any other beast big enough... but off course I forget some Viridian models from the void line and some dinos from leviathan..  damn..  too late to change that now though...

I will be buying some Schleich dinosaurs though, but first will have to finish my city and urban town projects. (Including a certain world works mall :S)

btw, Sinewgrab I like the mammoth itself a lot, especially the fur and skin. Not so sure about the metal, it looks a bit unfinished compared to the rest of the miniatures.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
The highlighting of the green metal with silver didn't translate - the tones are much deeper then the photo gives credit for.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Great matchup! In the first entry the adventurers look really cool. A lot of varied miniatures with nice weapons and additions (the bottle and glass are hilarious). Personally I would have left Lara out of the picture as she's a bit out of place in the group. The natives are very nice and I like how yours and Pil's are very different in painting and style. Both are very well done, but in your own personal way. Nice one. The toy-dino is actually quite cool IMO. It fits pulp very well and makes it all look very retro and with a nice wink.

At first the second entry was a bit weird to me...until I read the text. Then I laughed and pitied the robot :D. But I'm sure he has some deathray of doom to battle the big dumb overgrown elephant. It's pulp after all ;).
The natives are very cool and I'm sure the guy with black hair has a nice view from where he's standing ;). The mammoth sure is the biggest creature in this LPL and may receive some extra bonus points if I was in charge...it's just so huge!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”