Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686602
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

28th North Gloucestershire Rgt. (Tellus)
105 (55.9%)
Lost between a rock and a hard place (SvennnDHnut)
83 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Author Topic: ROUND 10 28th North Gloucestershire Rgt. vs Lost between a rock and a hard place  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
I really like the Napoleonic entry. Great detainling and shading. The second entry has so many wonderful details in it...the striped pants, the colourful shields, and the shading.
Good luck to you both.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline tsar1701

• LPL Silver Medalist (S3), Bronze Medalist (S8)
  • Scientist
    • tsar's universe (in french)
Is the man with the cane stick and the hat a convertion ?

sorry for my bar English  :?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:28:15 PM by tsar1701 »
N.V.C. (Never Victorious Chris)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
This was another tough decision for me. I love the second entry and the use of the old Citadel monsters as beasts (something different than a dinosaur for a change). Also, I'm still wondering what the creatures on the left are, their faces look a bit like teletubbies ;) That said, I had to go for the sublime painting on Tellus' entry which is a rich contrast against the quite simply drybrushed animals in the second (which looks very convincing BTW), so for once I voted off-theme.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Navy Colt

• Assistant
  • Gunslinger
Both of them are really well done!  :)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
Both chaps with canes/walking sticks are Foundry Darkest Africa. They used to come together in pack DA1/7 according to one of the catalogues I have.

And although the pictures suggest otherwise I assure you the beasts are not simple dry brush jobs - cheeky git
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
I'm sorry  :-X

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Tellus sure doesn't dissapoint with his final entry! What a bold colors and what a superb execution. Love your painting style combined with the colors. It pops so well on the miniatures. The flag is a fantastic addition. And as usual the presentation is terrific. To me this is your best entry so far.

I'm both curious and flabberghasted by Svenn's entry. The natives are so superweird I don't know what they actuallyu are. But I do really like them. Their alien and weird look works perfectly as natives. I can imagine the adventurers thinking 'WTF?!'. The monsters are well chosen and I like that you painted two of them. How did you manage to stick the spider to the rock? It looks very cool in the photo. I just hope he didn't fall off on an adventurer afterwards.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men

I'm both curious and flabberghasted by Svenn's entry. The natives are so superweird I don't know what they actuallyu are. But I do really like them. Their alien and weird look works perfectly as natives. I can imagine the adventurers thinking 'WTF?!'. The monsters are well chosen and I like that you painted two of them. How did you manage to stick the spider to the rock? It looks very cool in the photo. I just hope he didn't fall off on an adventurer afterwards.

The natives are ancient Chinese from Curteys, some of them are wearing face masks. Spider on rock = blu tac.

Offline Tellus

• Scientist
Tellus sure doesn't dissapoint with his final entry! What a bold colors and what a superb execution. Love your painting style combined with the colors. It pops so well on the miniatures. The flag is a fantastic addition. And as usual the presentation is terrific. To me this is your best entry so far.

Thank's a lot.I like my 28th too.Not at least I had to do some Head swaps on the officer and the color bearers because there are none with Stovepipes in the Foundry range.Also it adds some variety to the latter ones because I had to take the same mini twice.