Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AKULA’s Mega-City One (pg9 a bit of paint on the bases)  (Read 17581 times)

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
Re: AKULA’s Mega-City One (pg8 more progress on the bases
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2019, 08:13:17 PM »
Just found this thread.  What a wonderful and imaginative project.  I look forward to watching your progress and learning from an evident master craftsman. Fantastic!
Hail to the King, baby.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: AKULA’s Mega-City One (pg8 more progress on the bases
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2019, 07:38:20 PM »
Cheers all, glad you like the direction it appears to be going in  :D

These are worth a butcher's akky https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/978361943/future-vehicles?ref=profile_created in in for strontium dog

Thanks mate, had a look and there are a couple of models there that caught my eye  8)

Those cake stands look good, how are you going to 'clad' them?

Cheers Steders. I’m not planning on cladding the whole of the exterior, as I want the interiors to be playable. For the most part the exterior will have some low level balconies, plus probably a couple of strips of high density board running from top to bottom to give the impression of the exterior wall,  but that don’t interfere with gameplay - the latter will also give me somewhere to put the bloc name.

A little progress this weekend - a bit of paint and some road markings for the on/off ramps.

Need to add some pedways to connect the bloc bases and the plazas (I’ve made the road space on the plazas large enough to accommodate plenty of parked vehicles).

The raised flower beds are from Sally4th with some noch foliage

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: AKULA’s Mega-City One (pg9 a bit of paint on the bases)
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
It's shaping up, looking good!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »
This is all looking great.

Just had a thought.  The 28 mm scale vehicles gives you a problem with the whole ground scale compression thing.  What about putting in a mid level?  So in effect you have 6 or 10 mm scale vehicles and 28 mm scale people.  The smaller vehicles would be playable on the mid highway level and the people are playable on the 28 mm upper block part.  The highways could then become much smaller and less visually dominating.  You could still keep a smaller section of road way for your 28 mm vehicles that is more like a back alley or special access road.

edit.  You could perhaps have your 28 mm roads as the ramps leading from the plazas - curving off the table to "re-appear" as an on ramp onto the 6 mm highway.  So use the off board part you can't see to link the two roadways.  If a vehicle exits at Point A they re-appear as a 6 mm version at point B next turn and vice versa.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 11:37:53 AM by jon_1066 »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2019, 12:38:10 PM »
Hey Akula! Great work!

Just meant to show this to you:

Die Hard miniatures has a few fitting models, one of which makes a good Mean Machine. https://diehardminiatures.com/product/gentle-bob-chaos-villain/

And then these guys, who have some City Def and the like.

http://www.rebelminis.com/sciencefiction.html

Crack on!  :D
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »
Hallo Akula, I was wondering if you ever continued with this project? It was looking great!

Thanks.  :)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:30 PM »
Hallo Akula, I was wondering if you ever continued with this project? It was looking great!

Thanks.  :)

Hi mate, it’s currently sat next to my table which is struggling under the weight of Game of Thrones miniatures.... I do want to make more progress on my Mega-City project, it just tends to be one or the other

:)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »
Hi mate, it’s currently sat next to my table which is struggling under the weight of Game of Thrones miniatures.... I do want to make more progress on my Mega-City project, it just tends to be one or the other

Cool. And speaking as someone who just picked up a brush after literally a decade's absence, I'm not going to complain about projects with long timetables.  lol

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2020, 12:03:10 PM »

Dang, those are both so great, can not favour one over the other  ???
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2020, 11:41:25 PM »

Get both done, stop slacking!  ;)  Nice work mate.  :)