Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Greywater Chronicles - Annual #1: Uninvited Guests - link page 13  (Read 21939 times)

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
Brilliant as usual mate!

Thanks so much, Rick!

I have figured out the embiggen thing now, so if a picture looked cluttered before, that definitely ain't the case anymore when you click on a page!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I LOVE your cartoon narrations. It is role playing as it was meant to be. OUTSTANDING STUFF once more!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Can't wait to read and catch up! Maybe later in the week.

• Scientist
I LOVE your cartoon narrations. It is role playing as it was meant to be. OUTSTANDING STUFF once more!

Thanks, Al! That means a lot to me.

Aramaim's band might be going through another mushroom forest when she hits the 5th level...where we might see some of our old mushroom friends again!

• Scientist
Can't wait to read and catch up! Maybe later in the week.

Cool, Andrew! Hope you like it when you get a chance to check it out!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Got a chance to read through. Fantastic as always. A few observations, if I may...

1) Any codpiece is edible if you are brave enough.
2) I love the ongoing reference to the Necronomicon as bathroom reading material. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh. As a non-religious type who met his wife at a religious youth group, I would like to see someone who doesn't believe in the Necronomicon, but attended some sacrifices to meet the ladies lol
3) I assume that we will soon learn that the maternity leave benefit is something like four days of unpaid leave and nobody is going to do her work while she is out so that it piles up in her guild cubicle.

• Scientist
Got a chance to read through. Fantastic as always. A few observations, if I may...

1) Any codpiece is edible if you are brave enough.
2) I love the ongoing reference to the Necronomicon as bathroom reading material. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh. As a non-religious type who met his wife at a religious youth group, I would like to see someone who doesn't believe in the Necronomicon, but attended some sacrifices to meet the ladies lol
3) I assume that we will soon learn that the maternity leave benefit is something like four days of unpaid leave and nobody is going to do her work while she is out so that it piles up in her guild cubicle.

Hey, Andrew, thanks for following the action over to my blog. I really appreciate it, as well as the feedback. All observations are welcome!

Some thoughts:
1) That is probably accurate, but testing that hypothesis exceeds my bravery threshold.
2) I think you just gave Malvo an idea (he's been kinda bitter since he struck out with that medusa)...
3) The maternity leave thing worked on Rodrigo, too, evidently (maybe he thinks if he is directly involved, it covers him...not sure he read the fine print). We'll see if the comic lasts long enough for it to be applied...

Thanks for the comments, man!

• Scientist
Well, I had a hard drive crash and had insufficiently backed up my info. Long story short, lost almost all of my old comics. I had been working on Issue 27 and was almost done when things went south. It costs a lot of money to do hard drive recovery, so I am in limbo right now. I have a new job that takes all my time and pays very little, but at least I've lost 40 pounds. But I have done very little gaming or painting the last year.

Anyway, in trying to decide what to do, I decided to go Bronze Age of comics and make an Annual issue.  So we pick up some action with a few survivors from other events in Greywater. The main event is a take on the old Monsters! Monsters! game where the heroes are the monsters innocently living in their dungeon and some evil adventurers invade.

If you are interested in reading the whole comic, you can check it out here:

https://swordsunderdistantsuns.com/2023/04/23/greywater-chronicles-annual-1/

This intro should tell you whether you are interested or not:

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Greywater Chronicles - Annual #1: Uninvited Guests - link page 13
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2023, 12:23:39 AM »
Wonderful to see your collection of classic figures in action again. I didn't realise it had been so long.
Hopefully you manage to recover the data, it really would be a shame if it is lost.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2023, 07:47:49 AM »
Sorry to hear the hard drive problem is still unresolved. A pleasure to read your latest work. It made me smile and I appreciate that.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2023, 10:01:05 PM »
Agree with the previous sentiments. I love everything about the style and storytelling. Good to see you back, and hope the hard drive debacle becomes one of those funny stories that life gifts us with.

• Scientist
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2023, 01:35:04 PM »
Wonderful to see your collection of classic figures in action again. I didn't realise it had been so long.
Hopefully you manage to recover the data, it really would be a shame if it is lost.

Thanks for the kind words, Rob! Yeah time flies too fast. I hope I can recover my data, too! Hope you are well.

• Scientist
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2023, 01:36:59 PM »
Sorry to hear the hard drive problem is still unresolved. A pleasure to read your latest work. It made me smile and I appreciate that.

Very glad to hear you liked the latest silliness, Rick! Hearing that it brings a smile makes it all worth it. Hope you can move forward on your own project!

• Scientist
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2023, 01:39:30 PM »
Agree with the previous sentiments. I love everything about the style and storytelling. Good to see you back, and hope the hard drive debacle becomes one of those funny stories that life gifts us with.

Hey, Andrew, good to hear from you. Certainly been a while. I'm glad you enjoyed the comic. The hard drive problem is a strange gift, but maybe it has made me wiser already. I hope you are well, amigo!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2023, 04:16:11 PM »
Hey, Andrew, good to hear from you. Certainly been a while. I'm glad you enjoyed the comic. The hard drive problem is a strange gift, but maybe it has made me wiser already. I hope you are well, amigo!

As the Bard says "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Anyone with your sense of jest will certainly find the humorous points in these circumstances.

"But have you ever REALLY read the Necronomicon?"
Priceless.