Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:49:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style. NEW: Arya, Syrio, Jojen, Meera  (Read 16944 times)

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Lannister halberdiers
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
Looking like a great collection. What are you hoping to do next, Cavalry, crossbows?

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 08:49:35 AM »
Looking like a great collection. What are you hoping to do next, Cavalry, crossbows?

Tank you!

Yes that is exactly the plan! I just started on cavalry, and after that i will paint the crossbowmen. Then I only miss wounded Jaime and an assault veteran, to have painted up my army. After that the plan is going on to my Bolton models, and neutral characters, like Brienne, Bronn, Varys and Baelish.

Im Really looking forward to painting something else than red!  :D

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 08:39:57 AM »
My Knights of Casterly Rock are done, and ready to ride down the enemies of The Iron Throne! Painting the horses was i nice break from all the foot soldiers, and quicker than i thought. I am quite happy with these knights, even though i upped the painting speed.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Lannister knights
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
After a bit of a hiatus is the last of my Lannister army done (for now.. a couple of pyromancers would look very nice in the army!).

This is the crossbowmen who are ready to make porcupines out of the enemies of the Iron Throne!

Next project is painting Boltons - Pink will be a nice change of pace from all the red!

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »
Wow! Fantastic collection!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 01:17:35 PM »
Wow! Fantastic collection!  :-* :-* :-*

Thanks a lot :-D

Now, a friend have pressured me into putting strings on the crwwbows, so that will be next project :-p

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
Nice Job Lau!

I also play Lannister but cant't get motivated somehow to paint them properly...

But the game is cool and we play it a lot.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Nice Job Lau!

I also play Lannister but cant't get motivated somehow to paint them properly...

But the game is cool and we play it a lot.

Thank you! Unfortunately I paint more than I play, but I plan to change that, with more games as soon as possible! But it is an amazing game, i've really fallen for it! I hope you get some painting inspiration soon. The miniatures are quite easy paintable compared to other companies  :)

And now I have stringed my Crossbows, for a better look!

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Oooh! Nice touch! That must've been fiddly to do

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
 Good Gawd Man!! How on Earth did you do the strings???
  :o :o :o :o :o
Regards
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Thanks both!

I'll try to explain my proces. English is not my first language, so I hope i makes sense :-D

- I cut a lenght of sewing thread, that is a bit too long.
- Then i soak one end in PVA glue. This makes it easier to wrap around the bow. I wrap it around one end twice. This is enough to make it stick when i strech it out.
- I soak a needle in Loctite/super glue. then use the needle to hold the thread to where it fastens in the midle. The glue will run down and fasten it to the bow.
- when super glue is dry (it does so quickly), I wrap the thread around the last end of the bow twice (for a symmetrical look), and again use the needle soaked in super glue to fasten the string to the bow.

Thats it. It.s actually not that difficult, and i think it looks a lot better than the stringless bows :-)

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
Wow, those strings really add a lot! The whole group looks ace. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Wow, those strings really add a lot! The whole group looks ace. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you :-)

And now I have finally startet painting Boltons! These are my Bolton Cutthroats, with a guard captain to lead them.

A trick of the light, makes that some of the skin colour looks like it have green shine, but that's just bad lightning, and I think it's allright.

I think the pinks turned out very good! Looking forward to try some more like that!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:07:11 PM by Lau »

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Bolton Cutthroats
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 10:16:50 PM »
Very nice. I like those halberdiers in particular.
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Bolton Cutthroats
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »
Thanks a lot!

I just found some pictures of an old gamem that i wanted to share. It always looks good on the table, but i should start using 3d terrain instead of the easy 2d-kind.

It was my Lannisters, with house Clegane vassals, lead by the Kingslayer! I was fighting the King in the North who led an army of House Starks and house Umber vassals! Really good game even though i lost :-)