Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style. NEW: Arya, Syrio, Jojen, Meera  (Read 17168 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
The Ned figure is one of my favourites in the range, thanks for sharing! But wow, that Hodor is *gigantic*!
(And again, nice touch with the auburn hair on Bran!)

Thanks for it all! Yeah, Hodor really looks part giant here. In the books he is described as more than 7 feet tall (more than 2,1 meters tall). In a medieval setting that is tall, but not that crazy in real life. The Mountain on the other hand is just short of 8 feet (2,4 meters) and that is extremely tall, even nowadays!
I think they made the Hodor miniature on the big side, but he does stand out!

And now: Some painted Direwolves! Here is Robb's Wolf Grey Wind and Bran's Wolf Summer. They are cool models, but the snouts looks a bit off to me - but i cant quite place my finger on what it is.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Direwolves
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2020, 08:51:41 AM »
Good work on those Direwolves

8)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44:07 PM »
I quite like those Dire Wolves.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2020, 09:39:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!

I have finished Brynden 'The Blackfish' Tully, mounted and on foot. I like the character, so it was cool having him finished. A shame the model dosen't have a shield to show the blackfish, when he is next to other Tully soldiers. The mounted model is very awkward with his arm in a weird angle, but I think both have turned out fine.
Im running some intro games in october, which is a great excuse to getting painted all my models up. I am actually only missing a few models and some terrain, and then i will be done with the kickstarter - and will have to by some new models of course! The new Greyjoy faction is looking very cool!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Good work on the Blackfish.

:)

Will have to go and check out the Ironborn.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
I genuinely didn't know the Greyjoy kits had been announced!  :o

Nice work on the Blackfish, though, agreed it's a shame that he doesn't have a shield to actually show his black fish, his arms are just a bit too fiddly to paint it on his surcoat too!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
I genuinely didn't know the Greyjoy kits had been announced!  :o
Nice work on the Blackfish, though, agreed it's a shame that he doesn't have a shield to actually show his black fish, his arms are just a bit too fiddly to paint it on his surcoat too!

Good work on the Blackfish.
Will have to go and check out the Ironborn.

Thank you both! I have put a picture of what is known about CMONs greyjoys on the bottom of this post, if you are interested :-)

And after a short break I have painted up some House Stark Light Cavalry. I really like the models, they look tough and determined. Only regret is the grey boots, I should have painted them dark brown, oh well, i dont think i will change it.

Next project is a lot of movement trays. They are boring, so I wont post them here. Then I will paint up some terrain: a weirwood, and a couple of corpse piles. And some banners for House Stark and House Bolton (which are the boring neutral banners i bought for some reason - I should really buy the flayed men miniatures I have seen around the web). Oh well, here are pictures!

And the Greyjoys:

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Stark Light Cavalry
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »
Nice work on those Stark cavalry

:)

Still undecided on the CMON Greyjoy’s...they always felt like a bit of an afterthought in the TV series tbh, and I’m not sold on the official sculpts.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Flayed Man markers that you can find on eBay... a few pictures on my thread, great value for money - if you give them a go, I’d suggest getting hold of a bottle of Tamiya Clear Red for the gore (just add a bit of brown or black paint to darken)...be warned though, it will destroy your paint brush.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113100.360

I’ve got more to do, and I notice the maker has got some Essos Masters nailed up as a gruesome Targaryen activation marker.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 07:29:14 PM by AKULA »

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2020, 01:48:38 AM »
Nice work on the Starks! Those beards and fur cloaks makes me think they would make excellent Karstarks as well with a change of shields! Are the CMON shields sculpted to the miniatures themselves?

Thanks for sharing the Greyjoy information as well! Interesting that they mention Victarion is pre-red-arm, I wonder if that means they'll do an ADWD version, and if that means we'll see a Moqorro figure eventually

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
excellent result with the cavalry

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »
Nice work on those Stark cavalry
Still undecided on the CMON Greyjoy’s...they always felt like a bit of an afterthought in the TV series tbh, and I’m not sold on the official sculpts.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the Flayed Man markers that you can find on eBay... a few pictures on my thread, great value for money - if you give them a go, I’d suggest getting hold of a bottle of Tamiya Clear Red for the gore (just add a bit of brown or black paint to darken)...be warned though, it will destroy your paint brush.
 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113100.360
I’ve got more to do, and I notice the maker has got some Essos Masters nailed up as a gruesome Targaryen activation marker.
Thank you! And it was at your blog i saw the sculpts, thats right! Now I have ordered 6, which should be enough for a large game! Thank you for that! The Essos marker is really cool as well!

Nice work on the Starks! Those beards and fur cloaks makes me think they would make excellent Karstarks as well with a change of shields! Are the CMON shields sculpted to the miniatures themselves?
Thanks for sharing the Greyjoy information as well! Interesting that they mention Victarion is pre-red-arm, I wonder if that means they'll do an ADWD version, and if that means we'll see a Moqorro figure eventually
Yes, they could easily fit as a lot of northmen, I still dream of an House Umber themed army! The shields are sculpted to the arm, but could be cut of and replaced, or more easily, you could file down the wolf and free-hand (og glue on) a sun.
CMON usually does a couple of models of the characters who change a lot through the books, so I think both are entirely possible!

excellent result with the cavalry
Thank you :-D

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2022, 09:35:28 AM »
More than a year later i finally finished the last things i own for ASOIF - Activation Banners for House Bolton and House Stark. Unfortunately the Corona has meant that I have not played since, but I hope I can find some games during 2022! Well, enjoy the banners (or corpses in case of the Boltons).

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Painted up a weirwood tree for an upcomming tournament with 3d terrain. I dont really like the 2d cardboard terrain, so i need to make some more real terrain!

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Weirdwood tree
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2022, 11:40:29 PM »
Nice work, really like how the Weirwood's turned out!