Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

ROUND 10 Tarzan and the Dubious Death Worm of the Lost Plateau (Bugsda)
122 (61.9%)
In the Clutches of the Beastmen (Plynkes)
75 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author Topic: ROUND 10 Tarzan and the Dubious Death Worm vs In the Clutches of the Beastmen  (Read 18288 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
Photo quality wins the day for this one.  Nevertheless, I'd love to see some more shots of those beastmen once the LPL is over.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Photo quality wins the day for this one.  Nevertheless, I'd love to see some more shots of those beastmen once the LPL is over.

While Bugs' entry is unquestionably better lit, I do think that Plynkes' entry is better staged/composed... The dimness of Plynkes' entry kind of adds to the claustrophobic, subterranean feel too.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
Both Great but a bit more fill light is needed in the 2nd entry  :'(

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Where is the dubious death worm from? I love it!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Rough match, with these two heavy weights in each corner...

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Hmm. I guess it's a matter of taste but on my monitor the light levels look fine. That's the effect I was going for (gloomy underground temple) and I was totally satisfied with it. The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the fact that the close-up of Dr. Eberwein is slightly out of focus. But I was tight for time, tired, rushed and too bloody hot to go back and do any more shots! (Believe me, it was not a straightforward process taking those pictures, there was quite some effort and more than a little discomfort involved due to the location of the stones forming the backdrop.) :)

Wonderful entry from Bugsda there. First class effort as always!
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Fantastic entries. Figures look awesome!! Too bad the second entry is so dark, it almost hides a fantastic paint job!! Good luck to you both.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Now that is a Death Worm!  :-*
Very atmospheric picture plynkes, I was aiming for lighting like that but bottled out.

Don't know who made my Death Worm Sinewgrab, I was given it by Jason on Steve Dean's forum.
It's old though, maybe Ral Partha or Grenadier ???
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
Again with the "so dark?" My eyes or monitor must be wonky. Don't seem all that dark to me, just the amount of dark I wanted. Oh well.   :)

Well, Bugsda will almost certainly win this one, and deservedly so, but I bet my worm would beat your worm in a fight!  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:23:55 AM by Plynkes »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Plynkes, I think your worm is simply awesome.
(I bet that's what all the girls say)

Honestly, I find Bugsda's worm slightly camp  ;)

Now - please everybody leave Plynkes alone on the gloom front - it's what the man intended, and we don't want him going all crotchety and spoiling the end of the league  lol

(But Plynkes, I know how you feel. Let me tell you about all the comments I get about the whites of my horses' eyes some time...  :D)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain

Now - please everybody leave Plynkes alone on the gloom front - it's what the man intended, and we don't want him going all crotchety and spoiling the end of the league  lol

(But Plynkes, I know how you feel. Let me tell you about all the comments I get about the whites of my horses' eyes some time...  :D)

Yeah, this is opening a whole can of worms.....  :D  ;)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
Hee hee. I'll try not to get too crotchety, and I promise not to lie on the ground and hold my breath, or kick my legs and scream either.  lol

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
amazing work......

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
OK! Plynkes has a bigger worm, but size isn't everything and I've had no complaints so far ::) lol

If it's any consolation, nowadays I seem to spend my life getting my arse kicked by Tom Weiss in on-line painting competitions. lol