Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures - P&P?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Empress Miniatures - P&P?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
Apologies.... was aimed at the OP with the 'extortionate amount' comment

In that case, who owes you an apology is me.

Best regards

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 07:00:41 PM »
Don't be daft, I should have made myself clearer

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
Salute can be an expensive show, Partizan at Newark is cheaper, Empress and North Star are both going and the accommodation is much cheaper in Newark than London. Also if you come across for a couple of days, Newark is close to Nottingham so you could visit North Star, Warlord, Mantic, Caliver (and Foundry is nearby too)

And Spanish Customs will be waiting for him as he arrives with 45 kg of shiny new figures :)
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Newark is close to Nottingham so you could visit North Star, Warlord, Mantic, Caliver (and Foundry is nearby too)

I have nothing productive to add to the discussion, but I laughed out loud at your list of Nottingham-based wargames companies. Thanks for brightening my day!

Offline Wookington

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:46 AM »
This does lead to a question though, it might be an idea to offer an uninsured shipping option for occasions like these where the buyer agrees to get cheaper postage by gambling that the parcel might go astray.  Probably too much of a bother to implement, but I could see it being worth it when it works out like it has for OP.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 01:16:32 AM »
Apologies.... was aimed at the OP with the 'extortionate amount' comment

Sorry, but £8.75 to send a single model to London is a kings ransom! £3-4 is more in line.

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 04:53:49 AM »
Sorry, but £8.75 to send a single model to London is a kings ransom! £3-4 is more in line.

I’m getting £0.75 p&p to sunny Buckinghamshire for the Cromwell Figure.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 09:03:45 AM »

Kitsune,

The charge for someone in the UK is .75p, that includes London.

The extra £8 is an international charge which is added to customer orders outside the UK and is added per order NOT per item.

Therefore the only thing I can suggest is that you are visiting from outside the country and Paypal is picking this up in your account and automatically adding the export charge. In short that's at your end not ours.

The best way to deal with this would have been to e mail us at Empress Miniatures so that we could simply sort the situation out. We take credit / debit cards or can send a direct Paypal request. However weirdly you have not made direct contact but decided to post on a non Empress Miniatures forum. Why????

You are also not bothering to read the helpful comments that have been posted. Why?

To make it easy simple e mail us at mail@empressmiiatures.com. and we can sort your problem out.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »
I wonder what will happen after Brexit is in force. I guess I will save all the money to travel to Salute (or Crisis) and collect there the models for the year!  lol

This is our plan aswell. The shipping costs are just too high for a couple of models, so how much I like some of the new sculptor's Oldhammer style models, or the "hey, I made this Ogre, will be a single run casting, 12 pounds + P&P." And then the P&P turns out to be 6 pounds or, when tracked, - much - more. That's too much to support starting sculptors or for a getting a fun thing you don't really need. Better to save the money and get the airplane/car once a year for a long weekend to visit a convention and go on to visit some shops than sponsoring the Royal Mail.
Leadhead

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »
The RM International Tracked & Signed service is expensive; you're not being ripped off.

It is the only way that a company can get insurance on overseas mail so I can't blame anyone, especially a 'smaller' company for covering themselves if parcels go missing.

Exactly. Thank you for the dose of common sense.

We charge what is cost for P&P infact its less than cost as prices have increased twice in the past year and we have swallowed it but will not be for the next one.
Our parcels are sent tracked and signed for, where it is possible as some countries do not have agreements between international postal service. This ensures that the vast majority of what we send arrives safely and when it does not we can sort and claim. If a customer places an order that generates too much charge to cover the cost of post & packing we refund the difference although in the past year this has become less and les as charges increase.

We research, design, get sculpted, get manufactured the best possible figures we can. We do not run the worlds postal services. When they start subsidising Empress Miniatures we will start subsidising them. Bigger companies who manufacture inhouse are a lot cheaper because they have significant costs reductions. We go for best quality and that's expensive and make far less profit to play with. Plus we actually like to eat occasionally and not live in a bush. Perhaps you should be asking why they charge so much for their figures rather than concentrating on our postage........and packing.

To the suggestion that we should offer a cheaper service unfortunately that's not logical. We ensure that customers get their product whatever the postal services try to do to the boxes. That's our customer services pledge. That means that we replace damages or losses. Not always financially recoverable. Some countries have horrendous issues. Countries that you would not necessarily expect. The German postal service is a nightmare, and the Canadian one is beyond belief. Over the Christmas period they stopped operating for a few months and simply put into storage ALL foreign post. Royal Mail actually stopped accepting post for Canada for a few weeks as it ran out of storage in the UK . We had to take the hit on some of this as did a lot of other companies.

Sorry guys but the real prospect is that over the next few months the possibility is that this could all get a lot more expensive due to the B word especially as the £ nose dives.

Over 50% of our sales are export, so a huge number of customers of which  the vast majority keep coming back so they are obviously happy. ;)

Antonio J Carrasco contact Atlantica, details on our site,  and ask them to stock what you want to buy and I am sure Raphael will be happy to. Even if you place your orders via him if he does not wish to carry the range.  Problem solved.

Cheers, Paul

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »
This does lead to a question though, it might be an idea to offer an uninsured shipping option for occasions like these where the buyer agrees to get cheaper postage by gambling that the parcel might go astray.  Probably too much of a bother to implement, but I could see it being worth it when it works out like it has for OP.

Wouldn't work because even at their own risk many buyers start complaining and harrassing the seller and that's something the seller didn't ask for. I talk from experience. I only ship abroad at buyers cost and risk and, as our national mail seems to be using the cheapest, most unreliable parties in other countries I only use GLS. Expensive, yes, but safe ( but as I sell mostly used stereo equip it's a good thing wieght doesn't count, only size, so that's a plus ). If the buyers doesn't accept my terms, then I won't sell. It's not my business, it's a hobby - I've collected wayyy too much stuff over the years - and I don't want to have negative experiences that I cannot prevent from happening.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »

Over 50% of our sales are export, so a huge number of customers of which  the vast majority keep coming back so they are obviously happy. ;)

Antonio J Carrasco contact Atlantica, details on our site,  and ask them to stock what you want to buy and I am sure Raphael will be happy to. Even if you place your orders via him if he does not wish to carry the range.  Problem solved.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul

I do, but what can I say? I am impatient enough to pay the extra shipping costs instead waiting to Atlantica to re-stock your stuff! If you wouldn't carry such a damned good models it would be easier for me to wait...

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Rafa is a great chap... Maybe I can arrange with him some kind of "standing order". Or just go for a big order instead smaller ones. Dunno. Will do some numbers and see what its better, financially speaking.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »
 :-*

I am sure Rafael will help. Great guy and we have been working together for over 12 years. Or tell him to sell the Mutiny range  lol

If not either visit us which seems expensive or suffer the postage. Remember the more you buy the cheaper it actually works out.  ;)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 03:43:55 AM »
Kitsune,

The charge for someone in the UK is .75p, that includes London.

The extra £8 is an international charge which is added to customer orders outside the UK and is added per order NOT per item.

Therefore the only thing I can suggest is that you are visiting from outside the country and Paypal is picking this up in your account and automatically adding the export charge. In short that's at your end not ours.

The best way to deal with this would have been to e mail us at Empress Miniatures so that we could simply sort the situation out. We take credit / debit cards or can send a direct Paypal request. However weirdly you have not made direct contact but decided to post on a non Empress Miniatures forum. Why????

You are also not bothering to read the helpful comments that have been posted. Why?

To make it easy simple e mail us at mail@empressmiiatures.com. and we can sort your problem out.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks. I’ll have a chat with IT as to why my computer is registering as outside the UK, when I’m sat in London.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:33 AM »
Thanks. I’ll have a chat with IT as to why my computer is registering as outside the UK, when I’m sat in London.

But you have not e mailed Empress to help you order?