Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WIZKIDS TRANSFORMERS G1 Miniatures (NEW! WAVE 2)  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
WIZKIDS TRANSFORMERS G1 Miniatures (NEW! WAVE 2)
« on: August 13, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »
WizKids announced a brand new initiative with Hasbro to bring miniature figures based on Transformers, G.I. Joe and My Little Pony franchises.
Here some of the first Transformers G1 ispired miniatures. I yet bought almost all 1st season Transformers G1 metal miniatures done from BOT WAR (now ALL out of production, you can find some of them painted in one of my old topics), then I will not buy these nice plastic transformers, however it could be really useful for other players that had not the change to buy the BT miniatures or like these cheaper option.

“Transformers Themed Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures let fans get creative with their favorite ‘Bots and decorate them any way they want. Each miniature comes pre-primed and ready to paint out of the box. Decals and stickers are included to help complete each character’s signature look”.

The first four figurines are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream. They are expected for release on December this year for economic $4.99.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 08:58:31 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
Re: WIZKIDS TRANSFORMERS G1 Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:07:19 PM »
These are neat and I plan to get some, but I'm REALLY hoping that this means GI Joe clix/deep cuts will be coming soon. GIJoe is a better suit for wargaming anyways, and a lot of the actual Transformers toys would scale well enough with 28mm models that you could mix and match AND still get to transform the toys!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:48:23 PM »
Cool, and something that (if the line is deep enough) would sorely tempt a lot of people to design some fun rules for them.  I do hope though they'd be smart enough to have both robot and vehicle versions...if not, it'll kind of defeat the entire purpose.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
Makes me wonder how well they'll scale with Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. Or maybe even Micro Machines, might need to raid the old toybox if I can find it...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 06:52:08 AM »
Yes; this is what triggered me to buy all the Bot Wars not-Transformers earlier this year, before they became OOP.

The renders certainly look nice and cartoony, but I'm interested to see how they scale up to eachother (as in; is Bumblebee really half the size of Optimus, etc) and their overall scale (as mentioned before).

I don't think I will be getting these, as I've now got all the Transformers I'll ever need (to paint), and they're in metal to boot, but I will be keeping an eye on the range, just in case something interesting pops up that could be used alongside my minis...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »
Dear Santa. I’ve been a good boy this year. If you could see to it, could these be under my tree at Christmas?

Yours sincerely,
                8 year old Andym.

;)

Ps. If bumblebees base is anything to go by, he should be smaller than the others.

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
Welp, I'm in for those + a few extra Starscreams to be Tundercracker, Skywarp, and other colors of Seeker.

I wonder if they scale best with 10mm, 15mm, or 20mm?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »
I too quite wonder at scale and vehicle mode. if that 5 dollar price point is right though that is amazingly cheap for such a brand.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »
certainly cheaper than the Robotech figures are turning out to be  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »
Robotech minis are dirt cheap...if you can find them.  I'm sitting on three bags of the bonus stuff that I need to put up for sale - that project died a while back.  There's an Asian company going to produce some resin Robotech minis though so I'm waiting to see what they look like.  I'd love to do a Robotech project but that died when Kevin Siembeda stole everyone's money.

I'd enjoy doing up a classic old school Transformers game though - just would desperately need the vehicle forms of all these (in a decently matching scale, hopefully)

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
There's an Asian company going to produce some resin Robotech minis though so I'm waiting to see what they look like.
Probably the same ones I'm thinking.
3 piece monopose.
About £8 per configuration.
So £24 for essentially 1 model.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
True, but only if you need Veritechs/Valkyries...which I don't (with the exception of a few supers and armored models).  I have enough Zentraedi basic/artillery/command pods covered.  Would be hoping for some fighters, and maybe infantry.  Given the Robotech debacle, still several "key" models short from being able to legitimately field a decent project.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
Some news about the Wizkids Transformers G1:
a review video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69aLUbVjLtE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3URB2ZVujqs0UaCTyOGB73NFx5bfqhuux1SQfuRsehDJ51Ti8FaVwCZG8

These miniature are really big, then they have almost the right scale to play with 28mm miniatures.
Then I think I could buy some of them when I want to play with transformers and 28mm gijoes ;)
and a picture with comparison size with a 28mm miniature:

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: WIZKIDS TRANSFORMERS G1 Miniatures (NEW! Comparison Size)
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »
Now....where to get them in the UK? ???

I've found US sites that charge $15 for p&p! :o

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: WIZKIDS TRANSFORMERS G1 Miniatures (NEW! Comparison Size)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 04:16:22 PM »
Now....where to get them in the UK? ???

I've found US sites that charge $15 for p&p! :o

Same question I did to myself, I suppose they should be available soon in some european or UK retailers.