Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: a small conquistador project  (Read 3164 times)

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Re: a small conquistador project
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »
It's ok, not all of my projects are meant for their own games. We used the swordsmen on foot as soldiers in a game of Thud and Blunder, so at least they've seen the table once! Once I finish the two horsemen (just the shields and basing left to do) I think the little conquistador band might be done for a while so I can move on to another (shudder) 'army' size project. There was a fourth swordsman but he became a test model for learning the non metallic metal technique on. Maybe he'll get fixed up and finished some day. Thanks for the ideas!

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 12:36:28 AM »
Here's a final picture of the two horsemen based and against a white backdrop rather than my cutting mat. These were nice sculpts, fun to paint, and definitely different than other stuff I had been working on! I don't really have anything else related to this project in my collection but I think I might get a pack of musketeers if I make an order from Eureka any time in the near future.

Offline GamesPoet

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 02:28:40 PM »
Good to see these again!

After quite a bit of sorting and organizing miniatures, I have all of my Eureka Conquistadors and Portuguese figures in one spot. Managed to accumulate 8 cav (including 2 mounted arquebusiers) 28 Spanish infantry, an artillery piece and crew, plus 25 Portuguese as well.  A nice little project if I can ever prioritize it ... lol