Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690523
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: YPU's 6mm gundam madness  (Read 10126 times)

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Re: YPU's 6mm gundam madness
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 05:15:06 PM »
Oooh, very pretty!

Alpha Strike rules will work fine with any scale of course.  These may not mix too well with official BT models.  Although, if they're about 35mm high, like the original Ral Partha Wasps and Stingers, you could stat them out as Light Mechs and then they would fit in just fine visually.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
Oooh, very pretty!

Alpha Strike rules will work fine with any scale of course.  These may not mix too well with official BT models.  Although, if they're about 35mm high, like the original Ral Partha Wasps and Stingers, you could stat them out as Light Mechs and then they would fit in just fine visually.

They are closer to 4-4.8cm overall, but those are some good suggestions!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:20 AM »
In this scale? Honestly not that many options. They are/were sold as blind boxes where you get a random model, or you buy a store box which should get you one of each with some doubles. Due to this distribution of rarity the more common ones can be gotten quite cheaply from Ebay. (I got mine from Hiro Japan Store, great service so far) Of course for not that much more you can get the full size 1/144 scale model kits. Many of them go for less than 10 bucks, and if you stick to the more recent releases they are some of the best engineered plastic kits to boot.

I am also quite curious what game you were thinking about, I'm always looking for new systems in the giant robot genre, both rpg and wargame.

To be honest system wise I would probably use Mekton, Savage Worlds, or Fate Core for an rpg. Maybe Pulp Alley if I was just wanting to do small skirmish.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 07:09:25 AM »
To be honest system wise I would probably use Mekton, Savage Worlds, or Fate Core for an rpg. Maybe Pulp Alley if I was just wanting to do small skirmish.

Yeah, that's pretty much my list as well, in fact, I'm credited in at least one of those books specifically for helping with mech rules.  lol

Offline shadowbeast

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 12:53:50 PM »
There's also Mecha by Heroic Journey Publishing.
No gel ball ban in WA! http://chng.it/pcKk9qKcVN

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »
And here we go, the Gouf flight test type, a design I love, finger machine guns and all. One of the first mobile suits capable of self-sustained continual flight. Designed as an attempt to regain the mobility mobile suits loose in the transition from space to earth.

Again the weapon arm and head remain posable. The base obviously still needs some attention. Note that mobile suit skirmish has 120 degrees front arc, so 2 hex sides as "front"

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »
Brill  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »
Terrific! This is going to be great. Are you going to host at Poldercon?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »
Nice work! Love seeing these 1/400 gashapons repainted, they look great and are the perfect size for wargaming. Excited to see this project develop.

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »
Terrific! This is going to be great. Are you going to host at Poldercon?

It's a tempting idea. My schedule for that period is pretty unclear at the moment, and there are multiple things I'd like to run so I have some analysis paralysis on the topic.

Nice work! Love seeing these 1/400 gashapons repainted, they look great and are the perfect size for wargaming. Excited to see this project develop.

Honestly, the sculpts on some of these are amazing, and their panel lines take washes perfectly. I know a german friend plans to give them a ink wash and a dullcoat and leave it at that and honestly they would look perfectly good for gaming that way.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 08:27:58 AM »
It's a tempting idea. My schedule for that period is pretty unclear at the moment, and there are multiple things I'd like to run so I have some analysis paralysis on the topic.

Do it! So I can play Gundam at Poldercon! :D

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:02 PM »
This thread inspired me to write some rules! 

Great stuff!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
I've started thinking about my federation forces to oppose Zeon. Now the scheme I've used on the zeon forces matches the one I use for my Heavy Gear Southern mechs, so I figured I'd try to apply the scheme I use for their opfor, the north, on the federation. So desert brown it is. To add some visual interest I'm planning to keep a couple of colour elements from the original, so the bright red shields from GM's for instance.

So, first federation suit painted, the Guncannon mass-production type. A heavy machine armed with twin shoulder-mounted fold away cannons.

The white head is the colour element passed down from the original scheme, this guy used to be right red! Truth is I am not entirely sold on this pattern though, it's not nearly as striking as the Zeon forces.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
Nice  8)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf