Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: YPU's 6mm gundam madness  (Read 10012 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: YPU's 6mm gundam madness
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2019, 04:45:38 PM »
Thanks  guys! I'm entertaining the notion I might do a mottled or even tiger stripe on the dark brown to break it up a bit...
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2019, 06:20:12 AM »
I personally like the light brown & sand paint job.The white head pops out, I would leave it.
Saved for future reference.
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2019, 08:41:35 PM »
Cheers Z, I'll suck it up and put a couple of GM suits in the scheme and see how I like them in groups!

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »
Welcome Ypu,
What is the brown one ? Can you post a pic next to  a 15mm mini, please?

Thanks
Z

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »
Sure thing Z,

It's a "guncannon mass production type" the model itself is a 1/400 gundam collection figure.

Models from left to right critical mass, rebel miniatures, eureka and clear horizon.

I got mine here, there is also a version with the shoulder cannons folded up and stowed.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gundam-Collection-Vol-6-RX-77D-MASS-PRODUCED-GUNCANNON-01-1-400-Figure-BANDAI/283451770782?hash=item41ff0ac79e:g:85kAAOSwEetV8CIv

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply, pic & info Ypu
Appreciated ;)

Looks great for 15mm & the price is cheap, especially when you compare to resin or metal models.
Are they soft plastic?

Z

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply, pic & info Ypu
Appreciated ;)

Looks great for 15mm & the price is cheap, especially when you compare to resin or metal models.
Are they soft plastic?

Z
]

No trouble,

yes, though I think its more of a vinyl? some parts come quite bent, but heating it in hot water and straightening it before cooling helps quite a bit. The details are pretty good, especially for the price like you say. Do sand it thoroughly before priming, its the only way to get paint to stick I find.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »
I picked up the airbase set from Brigade models at Crisis. I've started painting one of the landing pads as a test while I fill any bubbles on the rest. They have quite a hefty texture on their "flat" surfaces so I went for a simple zenithal highlight on it first, then picked out details and painted the landing tarmac area.

The MS is a converted GM gold district type, I'll post more about that once it had a bit of a dull coat.

I am quite happy with how the pad looks for the effort put in, I think I'll go ahead and prime lot of them this way soon. I came to the conclusion that I have very little 6mm sci-fi scenery of my own, and an airbase seemed like the perfect thing to plop down in the middle of nowhere without looking too strange as a couple of civilian buildings would.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
Nice.
Brigade does some great 6mm terrain and I must resist the temptation....
oh well we all know that's futile :D

Must get one or more of that mecha in the pic. It looks great especially with the shield.

Z

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
Thanks!

I am just using them in place of regular GM's as I dislike that design and this is just much cooler looking. I 3d printed the bazooka and cratch build the beam saber hanlde on the back, and rebuild the entire elbow to make this pose possible.

Offline ippaxy

• Lurker
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2020, 12:12:47 AM »
Those 3D printed Gundam vehicles are awesome! Where did you find the files/did you make them yourself? I wanna do a One Year War miniature game, and I'm looking to find 3D models for printing of things like Type 61 Tanks, Magella Tanks, Anti Zaku Tanks, Jet Core Booster IIs, etc. etc.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2020, 12:28:49 PM »
I
Those 3D printed Gundam vehicles are awesome! Where did you find the files/did you make them yourself? I wanna do a One Year War miniature game, and I'm looking to find 3D models for printing of things like Type 61 Tanks, Magella Tanks, Anti Zaku Tanks, Jet Core Booster IIs, etc. etc.

Its a bit of a mix,

The type 61 and bloodhound trucks are made by a friend as a personal project, and he was kind enough to share the files. The fanfan and wappa are my own work. There is actually a discord server dedicated to creating and extracting files from old games, UC:GO which is long gone had some amazingly detailed models. Like folded up core fighter wings and landing inside the core booster. They require a bit of work to be printable, but its a good place to start. You can find the group here: https://discord.gg/A3t7AR

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 01:35:16 PM »
I've finished my largest conversion yet on the 1/400 models, turning this zaku I

Into a later refit zaku sniper, with a modified sensor and vulcans, a backpack mounted generator and large beam rifle among other smaller details.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »
That’s brill  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels