Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:43:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 4?  (Read 20630 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Season 4?
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »
Well after having watched the LPL for the last season, I think I'd like to give it a go myself, so when does season 4 start?
Dijit

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Season 4?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:15:23 AM »
Oww, give us a breather!  ;)
I think it's not for another year from the start date of this edition, am I right?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
Not sure. Certainly not any time soon! But at some point in the future, yes, the LPL will be back.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »
Oh, come on I'm like a small child here bouncing to get started!
No I think I can wait a while (I've certainly not enough models waiting!)
Dijit

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
Dijit

You take my advice and start painting right now. You'll save yourself a fair bit of stress later if you have a few entries ready once LPL4 starts.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
Dijit

You take my advice and start painting right now. You'll save yourself a fair bit of stress later if you have a few entries ready once LPL4 starts.
Very good advice that I think I will take myself. Squirrel away a few rounds worth of entries over the year. Resist the temptation to post them on here. :D

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »
I hope the next season starts earlier.  June is a terrible month for me to try to produce lots of minis.  The start of summer and all...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:45:18 AM »
I hope the next season starts earlier.  June is a terrible month for me to try to produce lots of minis.  The start of summer and all...
Hear, hear! That would be nice too.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »

I certainly ain't doing that. Personally I would feel I was cheating somewhat, though no rules would have actually been broken. I'm not saying folks who do this are wrong, but I certainly wouldn't do it myself. That's not what the League was meant to be about. It was about getting stuff done in a limited time. The time pressure is actually what made me get so much done. It also means that if folks are storing up their stuff, the LAF will become a desert waste with a drought of pictures in between seasons.

Dijit, if you were so keen to play, then why the devil didn't you enter this season?  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »

Looking back at the previous LPLs the gap between them was around 7 1/2 months.  This is, of course, entirely dependent on someone running the League.  A big thankyou to Captain Blood for all his work this time around (& The Prof before that).

IF the same timescale follows then LPL4 would start around mid January 2010.  Ideal for those dark winter evenings, although the photography might prove a bit more challenging!
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »
To my taste... Feb/Mar through Apr/May.

And yea, totally agree with Plynkes and his thoughts about pre-painting entries.  Thanks to that time pressure I put out almost as many mini's as I did for all of last year.  :o

ALL of my entries were painted after the announcement of the league.  THAT is what it is all about... IMHO.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
It also means that if folks are storing up their stuff, the LAF will become a desert waste with a drought of pictures in between seasons.

That is the worst of outcomes if the League gets too serious.  As it was, the month leading up to the league was almost barren of photos.

Gotta keep the photos coming folks, or the forum just won't be the same.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »
I agree with Plynkes and Ray… I would find it a bit "dry" here on the LAF if peoples didn’t post pictures of their painted figures in between seasons of the LPL. I suspect that some have painted more figures than they show up during the LPL because of the "momentum" they get from the League (as I did). But they didn’t all show pictures of them for some reasons… Mine is that I was so sick of trying to get good pictures for the League that I didn’t bother to photograph other minis that I have done… maybe later… I’m not sure though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:13:43 AM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »
Dijit, if you were so keen to play, then why the devil didn't you enter this season?  :)
Because I got my act together far too late... plus an inhuman work load meant that it'd be very difficult to get things to hang together.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »
I decided to do all the painting during the LPL itself, starting with the week before the madness begun. Clearly a beginners mistake because I'm quite burnt out by now :D. The pace and length of the LPL is harsh and if you do all the painting during the league itself, it leaves little time for social activities, a girlfriend, miniature gaming or pc gaming. So if I enter next time I will do some work in advance to make sure I have some breathing space.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”