Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689642
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 4?  (Read 20700 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Season 4?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
The second starts painting once the next Season is announced.

I think, that's a good compromise.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:46 AM »
Paint your teams now for the next Season?

You take my advice and start painting right now. You'll save yourself a fair bit of stress later if you have a few entries ready once LPL4 starts.

I certainly ain't doing that. Personally I would feel I was cheating...

And yea, totally agree with Plynkes and his thoughts about pre-painting entries.  Thanks to that time pressure I put out almost as many mini's as I did for all of last year.  :o

ALL of my entries were painted after the announcement of the league.  THAT is what it is all about... IMHO.

This is quite an important debate - even retaining the essential fun element of the LPL.

Look at the scores of this season.  Look at the effect on competitors who were unable to post new entries each week.

And take a simple example.

Three competitors of equal ability. 
The first paints and photographs ten teams starting now.  Or already has a huge number of painted figures, never seen before.  (Might even strike lucky and manage a Bonus Team.)
The second starts painting once the next Season is announced.
The third decides to paint a new team in a week. (!)

Personally, I would prefer a degree of clarification here.  Not so much on the rules - they are simple and clear - but on the Spirit.

Personally I agree with you. But ruleswise it's impossible to control which entries are new and which entries are "new". I also go by the philosophy that I need to paint everything during the league as that is what the LPL is about: getting a dent in the lead mountain. I'm not a fan of posting old "new" stuff for the bonus points, but it's allowed. The good side of the story is that it does give new pictures to see on the already famous LPL-Mondays. That's also worth a thing.
But for me the rankings aren't really important. I joined the LPL to get a eenie-weenie tiny dent in the lead mountain and I had loads of fun. Sure it's nice to see how high I'm on the ladder, but I get the most satisfaction in the idea I painted 43 new miniatures in 10 weeks.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »
Personally I agree with you. But ruleswise it's impossible to control which entries are new and which entries are "new". I also go by the philosophy that I need to paint everything during the league as that is what the LPL is about: getting a dent in the lead mountain. I'm not a fan of posting old "new" stuff for the bonus points, but it's allowed.

Of course it's impossible and we don't want to control anything at all. How Orctrader said, the rules are simple. It's only your decision old or new, both is allowed. So if you would manage to paint a team in a week, that's great and exemplary, if not, no problem, that's life. So just do what you can :)