Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690458
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 715
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pics of the Venexia CON15 Arquebusiers?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Pics of the Venexia CON15 Arquebusiers?
« on: August 22, 2019, 02:03:14 PM »
As the title demonstrates I'm looking for pics of the Venexia 28mm CON15 Arquebusiers.

Also, is there any variation in their CON06 Mounted Crossbowmen pack?

I've been scouring the internet and have come up blank even from the current Venexia dealer.

If anyone has any and can take a snap or too I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Pics of the Venexia CON15 Arquebusiers?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »
As the title demonstrates I'm looking for pics of the Venexia 28mm CON15 Arquebusiers.

Also, is there any variation in their CON06 Mounted Crossbowmen pack?

I've been scouring the internet and have come up blank even from the current Venexia dealer.

If anyone has any and can take a snap or too I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards
I asked about the mounted crossbowmen and the rest of the range over on Pikes, Muskets and Flouncy Shirts, but no responses. :-[ Maybe the range was never that popular compared with the 15mm figures?

I found a pic of CON21 Artillery Piece & 3 Crew:

AFAIK, there are 3 variants, but I've only seen one...

If you post on TMP, ask John N. Holly aka (the other) Condottiere, as he posted a size comparison pic with a TAG Stradiot - can't find his blog. 

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »
I asked about the mounted crossbowmen and the rest of the range over on Pikes, Muskets and Flouncy Shirts, but no responses. :-[ Maybe the range was never that popular compared with the 15mm figures?

I found a pic of CON21 Artillery Piece & 3 Crew:

AFAIK, there are 3 variants, but I've only seen one...

If you post on TMP, ask John N. Holly aka (the other) Condottiere, as he posted a size comparison pic with a TAG Stradiot - can't find his blog.

I've got the artillery piece. I've also got a couple of packs of first line spear and they are awful which is why I wanted to see the mounted crossbowmen, especially to see if there are variations as I seem to remember there being only one. That was years ago and I can't remember if I'm right or not..... old grey matter getting greyer  lol

Kind Regards

Offline pete17

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »
Hi Darrell. I've added a couple of pics to my blog  as for some reason I'm having problems posting can't post images on here. https://jacobiteirish.blogspot.com/

cheers, Pete

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 09:07:57 PM »
Hi Darrell. I've added a couple of pics to my blog  as for some reason I'm having problems posting can't post images on here. https://jacobiteirish.blogspot.com/

cheers, Pete

Right click and select "Copy Image Address" then Inset Hyperlink (on LAF interface above) then cut and paste copied image address and hey presto.....

I've got the pack of crossbowmen and they are the same miniatures with crossbows instead of Arquebus.

I wonder if you could please let me know if the Arquebus fit the hands well Pete? (as they were designed for the Crossbows)

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:12:07 PM by Atheling »

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
I've got the artillery piece.

Interesting - how does it scale alongside the Perry equivalents, both the gun and the crew? I'm always looking to expand my artillery park.

On a related note - has anyone got any pics of the Old Glory Italian infantry with spears and oval shields, which I believe is part of their Italian Wars range?

I'm sure if these companies had proper pictures of their products on their websites they would have plenty more customers.... But we've already had that lengthy discussion on this forum, so best not go down that road again!

Offline pete17

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
here's a pic of some crossbowmen, there's three variants, 2 shooting and one loading and thanks for the advice on linking pictures to this forum.

The arquebus is cast on for the shooting figures but not for the end figure who looks like he's juggling the thing.

cheers Pete
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:23:40 PM by pete17 »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 09:51:13 PM »

I've got the artillery piece. I've also got a couple of packs of first line spear and they are awful which is why I wanted to see the mounted crossbowmen, especially to see if there are variations as I seem to remember there being only one. That was years ago and I can't remember if I'm right or not..... old grey matter getting greyer  lol

Kind Regards
The artillery piece is an old pic from the Lancashire site via Google, but it doesn't show up on the site...

I'm kind of glad I missed out on their Summer Sale. I hope those arquebusiers look better painted up, as they look like they're holding plungers! lol

The mounted crossbowmen are serviceable, though I thought there were three variants.:? Separate heads are great, as I could add spares from Perry sprues and maybe from Steel Fist, but might have to file down the puffed up shoulders - I think they were no longer in vogue among Italians by 1500.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 10:10:13 PM »
here's a pic of some crossbowmen, there's three variants, 2 shooting and one loading and thanks for the advice on linking pictures to this forum.

The arquebus is cast on for the shooting figures but not for the end figure who looks like he's juggling the thing.

cheers Pete

Thanks Pete, that's cleared things up for me. The Arquebusiers look very much like they were converted by the sculptor from the Crossbowmen. Or something like that.

Kind Regards