Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hard Plastic 28mm Fantasy Dungeon & Sci Fi corridors & rooms Kickstarter  (Read 1284 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Well presented KS campaign for sets of hard plastic (injection moulded ABS) walls & floor sections for Fantasy and Sci Fi themes:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

Established European company with good track record of projects, in house production so no Chinese factory involved and 3rd party reviews of actual product.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Cracking stuff, shame that it ships June 2020!!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cracking stuff, shame that it ships June 2020!!

Yeah, but that is pretty much standard for terrain KS projects  :-[

But looking on the bright side, It will give me enough time to complete the painting the figures necessary to finally achieve my aim of a full 3D set of the Hybrid/Nemesis game.

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
looks nice - if I didn't have a ton of ainsty resin I'd be tempted...

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Wow, that is really nice.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Last few hours of this campaign now.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Hard Plastic 28mm Fantasy Dungeon & Sci Fi corridors & rooms Kickstarter
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
Established European company with good track record of projects

You know this is basically Prodos Games, right? The ones from the AVP Kickstarter?
Okay, they make great products at good prices, but they are still very shady at times. Look at the Chronicle X kickstarter and the way the communication is being handled. Not great.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
Yeah, it is an issue for sure.  The comments sections on the prior Archon Studio campaigns show a pattern of poor communication and customer service but good "in house" product and more satisfied backers than complainers. At least in the Archon/Load version of the company, the Prodos iteration somewhat less so.
This is the first of their campaigns I have backed and nothing during the campaign gave me cause to reconsider my pledge. I had a fairly involved PM discussion with them during the campaign about the pieces and always got comprehensive and prompt replies.

As for the product itself, I painted a few of the Prodos AvP figures for a friend's game and was able to see some of the test dungeon pieces sent out for this campaign and cannot fault the quality of stuff they produce (the AvP figures were superb). They also did some of the production master figures for another KS I backed, the guy who ran that campaign is happy with the work Archon did and the castings from those are wonderful.

I do feel some concern about this one, but I have only the basic pledge so if it does go tits up it will not be too expensive a lesson  :?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 06:55:33 AM »
Oh yes, their products are fantastic (well, the resin and plastic is...the card materials tends to suck from what I hear). But their communications, the way they handle deadlines and how they can keep posting false claims is a shame. And honestly, I don't understand those tactics either. It always makes people angry...