Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689661
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep - clarification needed  (Read 635 times)

Gabbi

Rangers of Shadow Deep - clarification needed
« on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »
I have some doubts regarding a sentence in RoSD rulebook.

Page 57: The first time a companion is selected, the ranger player may also assign it +3 to any Skill.
This may be a Skill the companion already possesses, in which case increase his bonus by +3, or any other Skill from the Skill List.

What exactly means? The "first time a companion is selected" part is not totally clear to me.
It could be:

1) Only the first time you select a Companion. Whatever it is, him and him only would get the +3 bonus. (i.e. your first companion is kinda of a "Captain")
2) The first time you select a kind of Companion, it get the bonus (i.e. first Arcanist you hire, and first Archer, and so on...)
3) Every Companion you hire. You don't get the bonus if you pick him again for later missions. (i.e you get the +3 bonus when you "create" the companion. If you don't pick him for a mission, but for a further one you pick him again, it is already "created" and doesn't get the bonus again.)

Sorry ask something that is probably sounds stupid to most of you, but my knowledge (and "feel") of the language is obviously limited and doesn't allow me to solve the doubt myself.

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep - clarification needed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »
It means when the companion is created, not every time the companion is selected for a mision. So the bonus is added only once per comapanion. So is your "3" option.

Milo.

Gabbi

Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep - clarification needed
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 01:05:06 PM »
Thank you.