Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690756
  • Total Topics: 118347
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Relicblade 2nd edition  (Read 974 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Relicblade 2nd edition
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »
This isn't a commercial because it has nothing to do with me, but I thought that LAF members, in particular UK and European gamers who, like me, have been interested for some time in Relicblade, but frustrated by the difficulty of getting hold of it, would welcome the news of a new edition, which is now available for pre-order:

https://relicblade.com/preorder

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
Re: Relicblade 2nd edition
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »
Having seen the miniatures and the unique artstyle I often toyed with the idea of ordering a book and a few miniatures but so far having to have it shipped from the US kept me from giving it a try.

On the page it says that the new preorder-book will be EU friendly which would make ordering way more attractive!

Does anyone here know if there is a way of buying the miniatures in the EU?

Guerilla Miniature Games had a few Let´s Plays of Relicblade and it seemed to be a fun game!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:48:10 PM by Historiker »
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
PS one more info: The creator of Relicblade has answered shipping related questions on the Relicblade Facebook page :)

Shipping still costs a bit (but not extremely so) if one just orders the book since everything comes from the US and is then being shipped from the EU but the idea seems to be that people can order other stuff like miniatures in the same order as well if they like.There also seems to be free shipping for orders over 100 $.

I think that is a fair offer, especially for a one man-company (looking at how he talks in his videos about his game really is a joy. He seems very passionate about it!).  I will probably add a few Relicblade models to the adventures in my Felstad-inspired city  :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:56:35 PM by Historiker »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  Didn't know that was coming.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 12:33:13 AM »
 I went in for the pre-order and went for more figures to get the free postage on orders over $100.The figures are really nice and clean sculpts.
 Shaun mentions another KS project in the New Year for more figures which he has been working on.
 There used to be a stockist in the UK but not anymore.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »
There used to be a stockist in the UK but not anymore.

Hence the frustration I referred to. I'm glad now I don't have the first edition, however. This is one I don't want to miss.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
 You can still use the first edition.The new one has some extra content and some rules cleaned up a bit for easier referance.
 I really need to get some of my figures painted for it.
 Each starter set has an extra scenario in it.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »
I'm glad now I don't have the first edition, however. This is one I don't want to miss.

Ditto.  I've been putting off buying while borrowing the rules from a friend, so this seems like a good opportunity to fix that.