Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690727
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A look at Fireforge Games' Templar Grand Master  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Rok

• Student
Re: A look at Fireforge Games' Templar Grand Master
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »
In my experience, Fireforge has been very disconstant in terms of style consistency, overall quality and more in general business direction.

Last April 1st they announced a new range of WW2 ships, in a truly oddly scale (1:1175 or something like this), and EVERYONE took that as an april's fool. Turns out it wasn't.

Even their fantasy plastic range - which was VERY promising - ended up much less captivating than what it could have been.

I cannot comment on style/strict historical accuracy since I don't have enough knowledge to do so - I must say that, when it comes to their teutonic/templar/sergeants boxes, "I like their minis" - I see what you mean with general business direction.
I'm afraid that they've been biting a little more than they can chew in the last year or so. The fantasy thing is quite huge in their plans and I've heard very mixed opinions about how the miniatures turned out to be and how poorly the whole campaign has been handled so far. Not by bad will I guess, just lack of experience/sources. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending nor accusing them, just trying to be as neutral as I can be.
The ship thing, I REALLY hoped it was a joke. Ok, there are tons of great medieval themed rulesets and minis out there, but in my very humble opinion Deus Vult and Burn and Loot have could benefit if some more love was poured into them instead of dispersing energy in making another whole new game.
Sorry for bad english!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Re: A look at Fireforge Games' Templar Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »
FF medieval plastic sets generally are ok if you wanna build a big army fast and cheep. The quality of the sculpts though is very mediocre and they have strange proportions. Especially their resins look very crude usually.
Their kickstarter stuff look better in the sense that they could be some random run of the mil GW units.

I think that the problem lies mainly on the creative dpt. Its really cool that they are making niche ranges like the eastern roman and russian sets. But at the same time they fail to amaze with the minis. I dont know why is that happening. I mean good looking prototype sculpts have the same molding and casting costs with bad looking prototype sculpts. It just doesnt make sense to me.