Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689636
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Suggestions for British Infantry compatible with the new Empress 1968 USMC?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Does anyone have any suggestions for British infantry compatible with the new Empress USMC figures sculpted by Paul Hicks?

I have just started re-reading a novel by a notable but dead British fantasy and science fiction author and realised that the US Marines could be of use. I just need some civilians and British infantry that look compatible.

I am assuming that the Australians promised would have very different kit to British kit.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:52:55 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
I am no expert in British uniforms of the 1960-80s but from a size perspective I would use Eureka, MoFo and TAG without hesitation. Crooked dice also have some potentials but I don’t know how they compare in size. Absolutely best match would be Mongrel(also done by Hicks), if you dont mind buying from the US (Badger games)

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
I agree the Eureka Aden range 👍

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Thanks Traveller.

You may have noticed I am a bit of a fan of Crooked Dice, but a comparison between a standing marine and an insidious industrialist shows CD as being taller. I have not tried a comparison with a soldier.

Interesting about the Mongrel Miniatures figures.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
The marines are in tropical dress. If you want contemporary Brits in tropical kit then the Eureka Aden British are the only game in town. Size wise they work well with Empress.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Iceaxe

• Bookworm
Also have a look at Commando Miniatures, they have a decent range that may suit. Slightly chunkier than Eureka but they still work.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
There was a recent thread here that suggested there were some quality issues with the casting of the Commando Miniatures. Handy cos ut had comparison shots.

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
There was a recent thread here that suggested there were some quality issues with the casting of the Commando Miniatures. Handy cos ut had comparison shots.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=118382.0

;)

I believe Studio Miniatures have a range coming out later this year that will fit the bill - Aden etc

I do like the Eureka minis, but they are v.slight compared to some of the other ranges out there, so it depends what other figures will be mixed and matched.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Thanks Carlos and AKULA. The comparison is useful.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Impending ANZACS would be quite close.