Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Recent games and demos of CLASH of Spears  (Read 1311 times)

Offline seldon

• Scientist
Recent games and demos of CLASH of Spears
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
So as we make progress towards the release of CLASH of Spears and we prepare some interesting announcements in upcoming weeks, we are still running games every weekend and doing some demos

In this game a gallic chieftain pushes his warriors in a scavencing raid against Greeks from the city of Rhegion. The barbarians got some incentives from the Dionysus, Tyrant of Syracuse, who is unhappy with Rhegion's reluctance to join his "Greek League"

As the armies get ready for battle they still need to be fed, and so scavenging skirmishes are taking place all over...

Despite their best efforts, including the gallic chieftain jumping from his chariot to join his troops in battle, the greeks prevailed...

Next some pictures of demos we ran at Game Kastle opening here in Austin TX

Some Nashcon demos:

Finally my new Carthaginian cavalry made with Victrix Macedonian cav set which actually has the options to turn them into greek or carthaginian cavalry.. painted by La Flecha Negra service..

Right after Cannae an escaping group of Triarii is found by Hasdrubal's mounty body guard that have joined the pursuit... this is their Last Stand !

Again.. hope to keep updating you guys on the progress as we get close to the November-December release with some exciting news yet to be revealed...

regards,
Francisco

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:04:43 AM by seldon »

Offline Tibson

• Bookworm
Re: Recent games and demos of CLASH of Spears
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:37:52 AM »
Do you have a blog or website where you keep up to news?

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:03:44 AM »
Sure... And here I was thinking I did a good job getting the word out  :D but I did not !!

blog here: http://www.thewargamespot.com/category/clashofspears/

you can join our facebook group with all the up to date news fb: The Wargame Spot ... ( on facebook #clashofspears )

and previous post with more info
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=116606.0

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 04:57:49 AM »
Those are some brave sheep!  They never moved despite the battle raging around them.

Still eagerly awaiting the rules and trying to decide what figures I will get. 

Keep posting updates!

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:24:29 PM »
yup they are... but they ended up being dinner for Greeks :)

Offline Tibson

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 01:03:01 PM »
As there haven't been any posts on the website for 2 months, I wasn't sure if that was the right one.  I'll track down your fb group.  I'm enjoying your battle recaps and looking forward to more details.

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
Yes, it is just that these days everything migrates to facebook :) plus I've been working on a page fully dedicated to CLASH which will be needed in a couple of months, plus we've bee working sending the book to layout... 

All that meant that although I played some games and I posted updates on FB I did not add the to the blog.. my bad. The limitations of the independent developers !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheWargameSpot/

The FB group and the blog are of course linked but all the questions asked by people are on the FB page so there I've been answering details about, "hey what lists?", "hey how do charaters work?", "what about basing?", etc etc...

Once the book is out my concern will be to keep a single link for FAQ, when we used to use forums it was easy to search previous questions from players, now that this happens on FB it is more tricky unfortunately... We will have to take extra care on that...

Francisco

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »
Great photos.
Am looking forward to the rules.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline pallard

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »
Hi Francisco
I really hope that your little men sacrificed these sheep properly to Ares before eating the appropriate parts, for if not... better call for Aphrodite-lover-of-games'help if you want a safe publication! lol
Philippe

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
I don’t think they did...
Apparently the greek army of Rhegion suffered a disastrous defeat at the hands of barbarians a few days later !!!

:D