Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686456
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: US 1930's Gangster Rules?  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
Re: US 1930's Gangster Rules?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 11:36:06 AM »
I am also looking to do some gangsters skirmishes and considering the following -

Black Ops by Osprey
I played a modern game recently and saw the potential for bank robbery or warehouse raid games.

Blood and Swash by Buck Surdu
They already contain modern weapons stats

Desperado
My favourite set of Old West rules, most weapons are covered, just give Tommy guns around 20 shots and use the 10% deduction accumulating for every shot after the first.

My biggest issue is terrain, TVAG's Mean Sets might be the way to go but l have never attempted print and build before.

Good luck with your gaming.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:40 PM »
Fistful of Lead Core Rules give you everything you need for both weapons, individual and gang traits.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
Been off chasing other bits of life.  Thanks for all the ideas to think about.  For those considering getting in to Gangster gaming, I went with the Blue Mooon 15/18 mm range for figures and buildings (bought all of there range with a few doubled up) and then sourced vehicles from various ranges from WWI, SCW, even a few WWII 'old looking' items, plus the rare appropriate matchbox type toy vehicles.   Oh, I also have the Khurasan police and gangster figures and the Rebel Miniatures figures (that I belive started life at Splintered Light Miniatures). 

Even though I bought all those 'Chicago' buildings, I suspect I will focus many games on events similar to the gun runners seen in A River Runs Through It (if memory serves).  Essentially games where the Hooch is coming across the Canadian border into the US.  Can have either rival gangs, cops, or feds involved - or all of the above.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 07:39:40 AM »
Fifteensaway,
At the border you can throw in Mounties.

Don't forget the rural vs urban gangs split, moonshiners vs bootleggers.
 Maybe throw in some revenge minded Texas rangers who have come up north.

The options are considerable.

Look at some of the stuff that happened in South Illinois in 1933-35.  Home-made Armored cars and airplane bombing of stills,

Have Fun.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----