Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SLA Industries: Cannibal Sector 1  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: SLA Industries: Cannibal Sector 1
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »

Hobby Services - the bases are Warmachine style 32mm, also known (for obvious reasons) as lipped based.

Thanks.  Thought as much, but there are so many bases on the market these days.

Offline bermanj

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »
I bought the rules - they look promising!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:27:33 AM by bermanj »

Offline bermanj

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 03:55:02 AM »
 So I've been looking through the published CS1 rulebook (~80 pages in all) and they strike me as coherent, well-articulated, and suitably laid out.  There could be some room for some complementary Reference/Summary Sheet (QRS) - I might even give that a try myself - but on the whole, it's an attractive package.

What I'm yet to track down are details of (1) Agents (personalities/characters used in a Patrol/Squad), (2) how one accommodates for Glyph and Ebb powers (none of the Units included in the rulebook's roster seems to have Ebb stats) and (3) Vehicles (granted the setting largely precludes the use of vehicles in any material way, but beyond the Camera Drone, there's nothing to be found).

SLA has such a rich meta - on par with many other franchises out there and a lot more sophisticated than many - one can't help but want to include a team of Operatives, including a Stormers, Frothers and Shaktars etc.  Give me the means to play a scenario placing a Team of Operatives running into a Ex-War Criminal whilst dealing with a Cannibal Tribe and I'll be a very happy man.

Now I just have to find some suitable miniatures...

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
2 Carrien finished now. Running a bit behind but keep getting sidetracked by other projects!  o_o

5 more to go!

Bermanj, it sounds like you've got the stripped down rulebook, rather than the full hardback (c. 300 pages, iirc)

I've not gone through it in detail, but I believe Agents and Ebb etc are in the main rules (omitted from the small book due to Ops and Ebb users not being in the starter forces.

In terms of additional minis, I think Batman figures scale up OK - you're looking for big 28/32's. I'll take a few comparison shots.

Offline bermanj

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Bermanj, it sounds like you've got the stripped down rulebook, rather than the full hardback (c. 300 pages, iirc)

I've not gone through it in detail, but I believe Agents and Ebb etc are in the main rules (omitted from the small book due to Ops and Ebb users not being in the starter forces.

In terms of additional minis, I think Batman figures scale up OK - you're looking for big 28/32's. I'll take a few comparison shots.

Yep, I have the 84-ish page pdf.  300 page hardback would be great, but the price is a killer, and that's not even getting it shipped from the UK to Australia!  Ouch!!  Damnation, I want Agents!

I'd appreciate some pics of minis in comparison - thank you!

I played a game of it a week or two ago with some mates which was fun - a bit of an experiment.  If anyone cares to give it a read, it describes some of the rules, mechanics etc without giving the whole game away. https://southernbermanblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/sla-industries-cannibal-sector-1-wargame.html

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
Hmm, I appear to have unintentionally painted some Cannibal Sector 1 figs for a commission job - a pair of Dogeybones being used as 15mm scale Martian mecha.  They've had a minor conversion with 15mm scale energy rifles in place of the antenni, for times when you might not want to shoot a full-on vehicular weapon at a target (due to, say, not wanting to blow a hole in the spaceship bulkhead it's standing in front of).   Also not quite in SLA Division 9 colors, I'd say.  Still, they're nice sculpts, and certainly scale jump well.

https://brokenstarsburningships.blogspot.com/2019/08/commission-gallery-little-green-men.html

https://store.nightfall.games/dogeybone-pack.html

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 07:26:19 PM »
Very nice.

A range I will have to look out for.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
Between this range and Malifaux everyone dreaming of an all-pig army must be feeling very happy about life.  And really, who doesn't dream of an all-pig army?  :)

Offline bermanj

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 05:42:56 AM »
Could someone please post pics of the various minis next to some W40k type figures so that we can get a better appreciation of their scale and proportions?