Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: American Uniforms for Korean War  (Read 581 times)

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
American Uniforms for Korean War
« on: September 06, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
I notice Warlord has it's WW2 American ranges also under their new Korean War section. Did American army uniforms from WW2 changed at all by the Korean War?

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
Re: American Uniforms for Korean War
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 02:59:46 PM »
Not significantly - nearly all US Army field uniforms in Korea would not look out of place in 1945 - some uniform items common to Korea were fairly rare in 1945 as they had just been issued, but could still be found at the end of WW2.  Some of the dress and undress uniforms had changed a bit but those would not be a field item.

Andrew_McGuire

Re: American Uniforms for Korean War
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:52:27 PM »
As has been discussed before, the M1943 uniform worn by US infantry in Korea was in use in WWII, but only in Europe, I believe, and only from autumn of 1944, and even then sporadically. This means that figures equipped in the M1941 Parsons jacket  - as most are - are incorrect for Korea. The only currently available figures in the correct uniform, as far as I'm aware, are the Empress range. The old Wargames Factory plastic figures had the later uniform, but have not been reissued by Warlord, though it would seem likely that they will be at some point.

With regard to the Warlord US plastic infantry set, the box reads: "These G.I.s could be painted as late war French (post D-Day) or even Brazilians fighting in Italy!" This is the second Warlord release of US WWII infantry. On the earlier box, it was stated - incorrectly - that they could also be used for Korea. This was presumably before the Warlord honchos decided on a Korea supplement for the Korean War, and started doing some research.