Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690806
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Bronze Gates - a Necromunda Dominion Campaign  (Read 632 times)

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
The Bronze Gates - a Necromunda Dominion Campaign
« on: September 11, 2019, 04:46:55 AM »
This week I started a Necromunda Dominion campaign - just for my family. The campaign takes part in a region known as The Bronze Gates.

The Bronze Gates region of Necromunda was abandoned hundreds of years ago when a hivequake buried most of the access ways and the Mechanicus Overseers determined the rubble was too unstable to bother trying to shift. In recent years some of the blockage was shifted when subsequent hivequakes caused into to collapse into a lower region, clearing a single precipitous Bridgeway to access the region, through a gigantic set of bronze gates.

The Gates themselves are severely warped and twisted permanently open, they give name to the region, however, because all must pass them to enter the area.

New occupants have flooded into the area, hoping to escape their perilously over-crowded homes, like a highly pressurized gas, spreading out to fill a void. As a newly settled area no clan gangs have laid claim to the area, so there has been some friction and gang warfare along with the influx of new inhabitants.

The four starter gangs are as follows...

The One-Eyed Red Snakes - my own Delaque gang

The Pink Punchers - my daughter Keira's Escher gang - which she assembled and painted entirely on her own!

The Crimson Wave - a second Escher gang - this one is played by my partner, Amanda.

The Average Joes - my son Finnegan's Genestealer Cult also assembled and (mostly) painted by himself.

for more pics and details about the gangs and territories up for grabs, check out the post on my blog:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-bronze-gates-campaign-necromunda.html

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Bronze Gates - a Necromunda Dominion Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:53:44 AM »
We played our first game on Sunday. Finnegan's Genestealer Cult challenged Amanda's Escher gang for control of the Bung's Hole (a Drinking Hole - Bung runs the only place to get Wild Snake in the Bronze Gates – along with an assortment of other varieties of rotgut and deep-fired corpse starches).

The played a quick Tunnel Skirmish scenario to get things going.

Genestealer Cult set up and ready to rumble.

Most of the action took place in a central chamber in the battle ground - it started off with gangers from both sides exchanging ineffective fire from behind hard cover. but while all this was going on the Crimson Wave's gang was sneaking up under cover...

One group of Genestealer Cultists snuck up around the flank and managed to take out one of the Escher gangers.

It ended with a desperate brawl involving both gang leaders!

for more pics and details, check out the game report on my blog:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2019/09/encounter-fahrs-pipe.html

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Bronze Gates - a Necromunda Dominion Campaign
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 05:48:59 AM »
On Monday, we played our second game - my Delaque gang took on Keira's Escher gang for control of D52 - the local Gambling Den...

We also just played a small Tunnel Skirmish for a quick game to get things going..

It was a short and brutal short range firefight.

A couple times I made use of smoke grenades - which my gang could see through the Escher gang could not.

Things did not go well for the Delaque gangers... I suffered three out of action and the rest eventually scarpered. My leader and another ganger will miss the next battle, and the other ganger ended up being CAPTURED!!

More pics and details at the post on my blog:

https://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2019/09/battle-at-biltons-corner.html