Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Arloid's Digital Workbench - Sci-Fi Roads (Picture Heavy)  (Read 592 times)

Offline arloid

• Bookworm
Arloid's Digital Workbench - Sci-Fi Roads (Picture Heavy)
« on: September 14, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
Hey everyone,

After some hiatus with my computer and some general inactivity converning the hobby I've finally picked up on digital modelling again, specifically CAD design.
I say inactivity, but to be frank I've been playing with the laser cutter at college a bit.

Book of Grudges
I guess I have to start a dwarven army now  lol
I originally made this to start a Minihammer army, but honestly I don't think I can get myself to paint between 100-300 tiny figures that are roughly 10mm high.

I made a small mistake by making the slots for the metal trays too thin, nothing that can't be fixed with a chissel ;P

Another Miniature Box
My infinity minis deserve to travel in style too you know, unfortunatly another mistake, this time I didn't take in account that the lid holders interfere with the trays, I currently have it laying on my pile of projects waiting for a easy fix.

Unfinished Infinity Building
I got inspired by one of the terrain pieces one of the local players posted online, unfortunatly I didn't like how the digital model was turning out, I don't think I'm yet skilled enough to turn something out like this.

All roads lead to Bourak!!
Finally I've started making some road tiles for Infinity, these are themed around the fictional planet of Boarak, home to the enlightened Islamic faction, I don't play that faction, but my models sure can ravage that place!!  lol

Functionally these roads are finished, just needing some holes for magnets and they are ready for printing, but I don't think it is wasted effort to rework the straight sidewalks to get rid of some of the repetition in pattern. Each section is exactly 6 by 6 inches. Once they are done I'm transferring the texture of the roads to some bases to make some test prints before committing to printing all the road tiles.

This is it for today, I probably do some work tomorrow, but I work on this very off and on depending on my energy levels.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Arloid's Digital Workbench - Sci-Fi Roads (Picture Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:54:41 AM »
I quite like your box for your Infinity minis; shame about the lid holders interfering with the trays.