Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Peninsular War Battlefield Tour - The Sieges of Badajoz  (Read 382 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Peninsular War Battlefield Tour - The Sieges of Badajoz
« on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
The Peninsular War series of posts continues with a look at the pivotal fortress city of Badajoz, besieged four times in the war and with two battles fought within eighteen miles of the place, as the French and Allies disputed control.

Warning, this is a long post, but the subject matter, covering the four sieges accompanied by the many accounts left by those who were there, insisted on a proper look at the events.

As compensation I hope, if you choose to explore the post, you may find plenty of content that captures the drama of the role the city played during the war.

As always if you would like to know more, then just follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2019/09/badajoz-french-siege-and-allied-first.html

Jonathan (JJ)
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Peninsular War Battlefield Tour - The Sieges of Badajoz
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
Thanks for posting. The chances of one of my holidays just happening to be in that part
of the world are only marginally bigger than getting to make it into an A.B.C. tour,
(Another Bloody Castle).
I should point out though that my wife did choose a specific firm's USA holiday,
because it included a day at the Little Big Horn Battlefield. She is wonderful.

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 01:13:04 PM »
It sounds to me like you are a very lucky chap with such a considerate wife.

I have a plan to revisit the states to take in some key revolutionary and War of 1812 sites with a wargaming con thrown in for good measure. Not sure when or the logistics but I know senior management will need to sign off on the idea with plenty of alternative stuff thrown in to compensate.

Cheers
JJ

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »
Best of luck with all that, & yes I am very lucky.