Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: American football project, work in progress  (Read 1206 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
American football project, work in progress
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:16:40 PM »
Hi there,

As some of you know already, I'm a big fan of american football, and a fan of the miniatures boardgame based on it :

In the past, I built some classic figures teams, custom teams based on plastic figures available :

Now like a lot of other domains, 3D printing is revolutioning the hobby with new detailed 3D printed figures. In this topic I'll post the work in progress of my new team, based on the 2019 roster of the San Francisco 49ers.

For this project I'll mostly use  footballfigure.net new figures (https://www.footballfigure.net/), here's some pics of some of the figures I'll use :

Of course, I will use conversions to personalize my team, depanding the real athletes depicted (hair, weight) and field position.

To be continued ;)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: American football project, work in progress
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »
What do the underside of those bases look like?  It intrigues me how the players get them to move in repeatable and predictable patterns.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »
Under the soft plastic bases there is some thin prongs in each corner, usually 8 (2 in each corner). Depanding what you want to do (fast player, strong player), you will have diferent styles of bases : large prongs for strenght, thin prongs for speed.

The "art" of "tweaking" the bases is to modify the bases prongs to do what you want, using flat pliers, heat, etc... Depanding the position and shape of the prongs, you will obtain diferent results.

:)

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 08:59:48 AM »
Interesting read, looking forward to seeing more of your work on this. It's a project I have always fancying doing but never got round to doing anything other than thinking about it! :)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »
 :)

It's an interesting project, and "refreshing" since there is no guns to paint  lol

It's also rare to work with decals and photo etched parts on classic miniatures, another interesting point.