Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Kill Team (40k) Games  (Read 909 times)

Offline DarthPanic

• Schoolboy
    • Pedion Modular Battlefields
My Kill Team (40k) Games
« on: December 19, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »
Hey all
As my first gaming post, I'd like to share images from my recent Kill Team tournament games in the local Club, where my Space Wolves (Adeptus Astartes) fought against Orks, Tyrannids and Grey Knights.
All games where conducted on one of my Pedion Red Planet 2x3  (9-tile) boards, with Scenics mostly from TTCombat or made by myself (the Imperial bastion and the ruined houses)

I enjoy everything Wargaming, Modelling and Terrain making!
Visit my terrain eshop www.pedion.store

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: My Kill Team (40k) Games
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »
It's a good looking setup.
And it has to be asked, who won?
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline DarthPanic

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:58:41 PM »
The Marines beat the Orks as the scenario played at that match called staying alive and taking prisoners (and the new primaris marines have even more wounds so they survive a lot :)
However the Wolves lost badly to the 'Nids, as the scenario called for quickly securing 5 different Objectives - the Tyranids run like crazy, the bastion was blocking almost all LOS (my bad decision) and the game was over in 3 rounds.
The final game with Grey Knights was a slugfest that I lost for only one point on the last round as both me and the opponent just rolled 1s and 2s by the dozen and missed every other shot :)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »
The terrain looks fantastic.  I really like the bastion.  How did you build it? 

You also did a great job with your Rout guys.  Looks like the one in the last picture is having a bit of a time of it in that tower. 

Offline DarthPanic

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
My thanks! The brave Wolf Pack Leader on the short tower (actually a bunker) not only had the time oh his life up there but killed two of those suckers and survived the whole fight; a pity the scenario had nothing to do with models killed

The bastion is actually a project intended sometime for a more streamlined production, something for my pedion line of terrain. But this is still the first prototype, although it did came out great and I like using it in my games (but it blocks LOS and it was fatal in this battle lol)
It is actually ALL modular - the wall parts and the tower parts all come apart , clip magnetically into any fortification line you may wish, they can even stand alone ; of course the hexagonal design makes for a hex polyline, not a straight one.
The idea is to have two lengths of walls, a short tower/bunker with detachable roof (on which the pack leader faces the 'nids) and a larger tower structure.
This prototype is made all by hand, using XPS foam of 1cm and 3cm thickness , as well as foamcore for the hex parts and the ramparts. All decorations are sculpted by hand.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 03:49:32 AM »
That bastion is a very nice piece.

Offline DarthPanic

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
Thanks, although it completely blocked my LOS and lost me the game :)
I must see about moving on with getting the bastion mass produced then