Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wood Elves with Javelins ?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Wood Elves with Javelins ?
« on: September 18, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »
So, I'm creating a Lords of the Wild warband for SAGA: Age Of Magic and I need some Wood Elf Levy miniatures with Javelins...only I can't find anything suitable.

Does anybody know of any suitable figures?

28mm ish ... looking like Wood Elves ... but not too armoured...

Offline aiteal

• Librarian
Re: Wood Elves with Javelins ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »
The old FW minis now available from mirliton have a lightly armoured wood elves with spears pack that might work if you're not too bothered by the spear thickness

http://www.mirliton.it/fantasy-25-28mm/wood-elves/wood-elf-spearmen-we003

or classic Jes Goodwin wardancers had a few javelin armed minis in the range, fairly cheap on ebay usually

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 02:20:40 AM »
what about the Tharn ladies from Warmachine:Hordes. They have elven ears and throw javelins. no males though.

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:29:04 AM »
What about this guy from Black Chapel:
https://blackchapelminiatures.com/en/elves/49-elf-spearman.html

Or these ones from Unreleased Miniatures:
http://unreleasedminiatures.eu/wood-elves/131-elf-forest-guardians-spears.html

And that's just a 5-minute google dump. <g>

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 08:16:30 AM »
Only one mini, but it could work:
http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=7746 - The Javelineer can easily go as an Elf.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 02:24:49 AM »
I just picked up some of  the Copplestone ones and based them, then collected others I had in other boxes together and thought about when and where I could fit them into the queue. I've always been a fan, and they were released just as I was getting into miniatures. They fit the bill perfectly based on the requirements you shared so far! They are some of the first figures in the Fantasy Warriors range that Copplestone did, and even within the wood elf range itself you can see he gets less chunky as he goes. The high elves are much thinner by comparison, not just the weapons but the heads and everything. But by the time the high elves were released Grenadier had lost it's previously amazing casting talents (it was really a nose dive) and the high elves lose so much thickness in the casting that the chunkiness of the wood elves is preferable, IMO. The lead wood elves castings I was basing the other day are pretty good. I haven't got Mirliton ones to compare to, though.  Time and time again I shake my head at companies failing to enforce with their sculptors that they need to add X thickness along the casting axis. Why is this so hard that 40 years on from 1980, when the casting art was fairly mature, it still happens today?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:27:23 AM by Spooktalker »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 11:00:44 AM »
what about the Tharn ladies from Warmachine:Hordes. They have elven ears and throw javelins. no males though.

These are perfect wild elves. I use them with my Impetus Fantasy army. Some of the characters from the Tharn range make good leaders/mages with the same aesthetic.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  It looks like those Tharn Bloodtrackers are perfect for my Warband.