Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Galloping Major's FIW updates  (Read 22773 times)

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Re: Galloping Major's FIW updates
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 01:45:55 PM »
Hi Lance , were there just 7 packs in your 2nd kickstarter or am I missing something in your shop?
Pete

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
Hello Lance, your model lines for the FIW conflict are wonderful.  Have many of them, and enjoy war-gaming with them quite a bit.  Looking forward to your new releases, and glad you have made a recovery.

Thank you kindly  8)

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »
Hi Lance , were there just 7 packs in your 2nd kickstarter or am I missing something in your shop?
Pete

Pete,
6 packs to follow soon (belatedly  ::) ) including the two packs at the head of this thread  :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 08:55:23 PM »
Ok I was looking for the guys in tricorne :)

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »
Ok I was looking for the guys in tricorne :)

They're the other 4 packs in uniform coats to come alongside the 2 packs in winter coats  :)

Two for FIW FCF10: Compagnies Franches de la Marine Command pack in coats. On the left is a cadet 'a l'eguillette (officer in training), on the right, a sergeant.

Cheers,
Lance

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
Lovely sculpts Lance. ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 01:36:26 PM »
Thanks Nick  8)

A closer picture of those Stockbridge chaps  :D

The Stockbridge Mohicans were descended from Housatonic and Mahican Indians who settled at Reverend John Sergeant's mission and school at Stockbridge, western Massachusetts, established in the 1730s. They were one of the more "assimilated tribes" wearing much European-style clothing and living in towns of board houses, many attending church and school. 
From the beginning of the French & Indian War they served in warrior bands, but also within provincial regiments and ranger companies. Captain Jacob Cheeksaunkun raised a company of 45 "Stockbridges" with Lieutenant Jacob Naunauphtaunk and Ensign Soloman Uhauamvaumut.
The Stockbridge Mohicans' day-to-day Europeanised appearance was considered to be less intimidating to the enemy, and, in common with the Mohegans of Connecticut, they were ordered to revert to their traditional Indian wear for war. They were issued muskets, powder horns and bullet bags, shirts and blankets; they wore centre-seam leggings and moccasins. In ranger companies they were issued the same equipment as their fellow rangers. Hair styles varied from a simple scalp-lock to worn long. The strips of red cloth tied around the barrels of their muskets were an expedient to avoid incidents of "friendly fire". Piercing appears not to have been much in evidence, if at all, paint and tattooing were not common.
There will be three packs each of six different Stockbridge Mohicans, as well as my take on Captain Jacob Cheeksaunkun, dressed in the same style as his men, distinguished as an officer by his silver gorget and proudly sporting his presentation red ostrich plume - on the left in the white shirt in the above picture.

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »
I like those alot ;D

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 03:11:23 PM »
I like those alot ;D

dito. :)

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »
Looking good Lance!
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »
Thanks Gents  :)

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
Lots of new stuff coming in the New Year, more pictures soon.

Meanwhile, check out the December discounts details on the Home Page of the website  ;) :

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Looking forward to them  ;)

RMZ

Offline pallard

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »
Very interesting stuff the Stockbridge Indians. I have always wondered how exactly they connected (if at all) with Cooper's celebrated Mohicans. Did the latter exist?
A small point for the french marines party builders (and for any regular french army unit of the time): the cadet à l'aiguillette was also called an anspessade, if I remember well.
And if you happen to have painted french heavy cavalry troopers (not dragoons or hussars): call them by their real name: each one was a Maître, not a Cavalier-cavalryman-horse trooper. Call them Masters if you will.
Philippe

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 01:47:20 PM »
Very interesting stuff the Stockbridge Indians. I have always wondered how exactly they connected (if at all) with Cooper's celebrated Mohicans. Did the latter exist?
Philippe

Hi Philippe,
I don't know whether Chingaskook and Uncas were real names that James Fenimore Cooper borrowed, but they certainly were not the last of that nation - dramatic licence I suspect  ;)

The Stockbidge Mohicans sides with the rebel cause in the AWI, which didn't leave them in a good place in the new United States after the war with the further rise of "Anti-Indianism" and a popular policy of acquisition of Indian lands. The Mohawk fared far better by moving up to Canada with their Loyalist friends.

Cheers,
Lance