Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686664
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Galloping Major's FIW updates  (Read 22645 times)

Offline Klingula

• Assistant
    • Klingula und 7 gnomov
Re: Galloping Major's FIW updates
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2020, 08:21:46 PM »
Lots of great news, Lance! Tell me when to wait for the remaining Marine kits to be sent out?

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »
Lots of great news, Lance! Tell me when to wait for the remaining Marine kits to be sent out?

Further Compagnies Franches de la Marine packs should be ready soon-ish. :-)

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »
The next French figures I'm really hoping somebody will make are Bombardiers de la Marine armed with muskets and side satchels for carrying lots of powder fuse.  These would be the best poses for them for skirmish gaming as they never actually brought cannons with them when they were sent out in the field; on raids they were more like elite combat engineers with a specialty in pyrotechnics.

In orders of battle, you'll see a couple of hundred Bombardiers listed, but with no guns.  On these missions, their job is to set fire to boats and forts, etc.

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
The next French figures I'm really hoping somebody will make are Bombardiers de la Marine armed with muskets and side satchels for carrying lots of powder fuse.  These would be the best poses for them for skirmish gaming as they never actually brought cannons with them when they were sent out in the field; on raids they were more like elite combat engineers with a specialty in pyrotechnics.

In orders of battle, you'll see a couple of hundred Bombardiers listed, but with no guns.  On these missions, their job is to set fire to boats and forts, etc.

Hi Cat, PM me :-)

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »

My rough and ready sketch for the French mounted senior officer, I haven't yet fully concluded how I'm going to treat the dismounted version other than he'll have armed himself with one of or both his saddle pistols. This mounted/dismounted senior officer pack is one of those now available for pledges as part of the first set of stretch goals since the Les Francais Kickstarter hit our initial target.  :)

Cheers,
Lance

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2020, 09:20:49 AM »

I got around to painting this figure as a treat to myself a couple of weeks ago: Daniel Hyacinthe de Lienard de Beaujeau of the Compagnies Franches de la Marine in Native dress (FIW PP2).  :)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »
The Les Francais Kickstarter ended successfully this morning  :)

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
Well done Lance  ;)
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2020, 03:55:20 PM »
In case of any doubt, because I work from home anyway, we're sending out orders as per usual  ;) :D

10% discount on orders of 4Ground buildings while current stocks last.

Email any orders of buildings for a 10% discounted Paypal invoice. + one Soldiers Free figure per two buildings: mail@gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2020, 01:58:13 PM »
HOLDING THE FORT
As I normally work from home, there's not much change in the day at Galloping Major, orders continue to go out as long as stocks last, and our stocks are pretty good.  :)

Cheers,
Lance

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »
TRYING OUT 8 FIGURE ALTERNATIVE PACKS FOR REGULARS.
I've been getting an increasing number of requests for 8 figure packs for regulars, and have decided to try one out.
The first pack I'm trying this out with is:
SYW/FIW B10.8 British Hat Company Firing Line
These are not new figures, but a differently structured version of the figures from pack SYW/FIW B10 British Line Infantry - Skirmishing, with 2 of each of the firing soldiers and all 4 different loading postures, in this case enabling equally proportioned units to be shown firing either by rank or platoon, as well as (hopefully) proving helpful to gamers who want to add just one or a small number of regular units to their force.
I have also added a couple of unit deals based on this new pack.
If this proves popular, I'll look at expanding this to versions of some of the other regular packs  :D

SYW/FIW B10.8 British Line Infantry Hat Company, Firing Line.

SYW/FIW BU2: 2 x SYW/FIW B10.8 British Line Infantry Hat Company, Firing Line, + British officer closing the frizzen of his fusil from pack SYW/FIW B8

SYW/FIW BU3: 3 x SYW/FIW B10.8 British Line Infantry Hat Company, Firing Line, + British officer closing the frizzen of his fusil from pack SYW/FIW B8 and drummer from pack SYW/FIW B4.

Offline pallard

• Librarian
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Hi Major
Magnificent figure this Daniel!
You gave yourseld a great challenge, writing down this very long and tricky french name! and succeeded ... well almost: the last name is Beaujeu, not Beaujeau (unless you ment his half-brother de Beaujolais or Jojo for the ladies, flashy but much less known historicaly sadly!).
Philippe

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
Hi Major
Magnificent figure this Daniel!
You gave yourseld a great challenge, writing down this very long and tricky french name! and succeeded ... well almost: the last name is Beaujeu, not Beaujeau (unless you ment his half-brother de Beaujolais or Jojo for the ladies, flashy but much less known historicaly sadly!).
Philippe

Near enough  lol

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been updating in here for some long time. I've been having a "fun time" setting up and building our new website, due to our previous host company having been bought out by another concern who created no end of difficulties, the last straw being when their "security" failed to meet Paypal's requirements!  >:( Of course, I should have set about this sooner, but hindsight is a wonderful thing  :)

Anyway, the new site has been running on www.gallopingmajorwargames.co.uk for several weeks now, but after some delays we now have the www.gallopingmajorwargames.com address secured and both addresses will now take you to the new site.

The shop system with our new host is far easier to search; there are still a few features I need to add, including the Painting Guides (more on this in the weeks to come) but I hope everyone will find the new site to be a big improvement  :D

So, onwards and upwards, I've waited to start posting again until I have some pretty pictures to liven it up.

I've allowed myself a little painting time on a handful of the master castings for upcoming releases.
One from each of the Stockbridge Mohican packs,

and two Rangers from pack FIW RAN6. The Rangers in this pack are depicted as wearing the hunting shirts of the period, which were the working overshirt popular among "working men" of various trades to protect their shirts and small clothes from dirt and wear. During the 1770s, with the addition of capes and fringing, the hunting shirt would develop into the garment which would be recognisable during the American Revolution (American War of Independence) and on into the early decades of the 19th Century. The much more plain shape of the linen over-garment worn by the Rangers in this pack would be familiar on both sides of the Atlantic when worn loose by farmers and josskins (waggoners), taking on a more martial air when held in with a waist belt and accoutrement slings.

Cheers,
Lance

www.gallopingmajorwargames.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:22:01 AM by Galloping Major »