Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Reaper Bones 5 kickstarter  (Read 5469 times)

Offline Tordelback

• Student
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Reaper Bones 5 kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
Being in Belgium, I expect my wallet to get whacked with pretty awful duty... Any one have experience with receiving these on the continent pre-Brexit?

I've backed 3 previous Bones kickstarters - their EU shipping hub is in the UK but they are talking about arranging a Brexit-proof one in Germany.  Last year shipping for a large box containing the Core set and 2 Expansions plus other bits and pieces (about 250 minis, some dragons, giants and a really large Ent) was €20, with the only duty being your national VAT (around 20%). It's very good value as these things go.

As noted above, minimum pledge is $1, and Expansions like the fantasy greek-themed set are $50 each.

Offline Monkey

• Bookworm
    • KT Nestboxes
Re: Bones 5 kickstarter coming up
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:49 PM »
I like the smaller figures... the latest are made of a harder plastic and don't have as much issues as the ones from KS 1 to 3

What is the new bones black like? I've not had any experience with it, but have really struggled getting a decent paint job on the original bones stuff, also not keen on the bendyness.
http:www.ktnestboxes.co.uk

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Bones 5 kickstarter coming up
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »
What is the new bones black like? I've not had any experience with it, but have really struggled getting a decent paint job on the original bones stuff, also not keen on the bendyness.

The black stuff is much better - much more like hard plastic. It has far crisper detail than the original stuff and - crucially - far fewer mouldlines. It also responds much better to drybrushing. I painted these in about an hour and enjoyed the exprience much more than painting the original stuff:

Gabbi

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »
This is a bones black I have painted a few weeks ago.

I have greenstuffed where arms connect to shoulders. I found the process easier than with regular bones, where their bendy nature makes greenstuff harder to stick.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »
Original Bones really need a good washing up ( dishwasher soap ) before priming/painting/puttying. Without it's both a greasy and sticky material. But it holds detail pretty well, is easy to clean up mouldlines with a small round modelling file, pretty happy with it. The major problem I have with it is the bendyness of polearms, small weapons. Don't want to do the hot/cold water trick ten times over and hope for the best...
Good kickstarter ntw, this one. Many interesting and original models.  :)
Leadhead

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 09:01:32 AM »
I have never participated in a Reaper Bones Kickstarter But I am tempted... two years is a long wait time though. My wife is a bit concerned by that. Of course it will take me two years to get through my current back log.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
I have heard rumours of a pirate ship, but that must just be crazy talk! ;-)

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »
I mean, why do a pirate ship and not the Argonaut's galley?  :)

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
Or the Lion Gate at Mycenae?

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2019, 03:52:35 PM »

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 11:42:53 AM »
I'm exited about this KS, some excellent models in the basic set and great add-ons. Also happy they keep on using "grey" bones for their bigger monsters, not a fan of the black bones material. Reaper seems to be using that for their human sized models but I'm not sure if it will catch all the fine detail and the cleaning can also be a bit of a pain. Ah well, can't have it all ;-).

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:11 AM »
I have never participated in a Reaper Bones Kickstarter But I am tempted... two years is a long wait time though. My wife is a bit concerned by that. Of course it will take me two years to get through my current back log.

It is actually 18months unless you are rounding up 6 months

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 12:14:05 AM »
I have heard rumours of a pirate ship, but that must just be crazy talk! ;-)

To be announced with pricing on Monday 10/28

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 10:38:27 AM »
Looks like a galleon, priced at 100 dollars and may or may not have removable/interchangeable figurehead and guns.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon/posts/2666515