Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Reaper Bones 5 kickstarter  (Read 5428 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Bones 5 kickstarter coming up
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »

I like the smaller figures... the latest are made of a harder plastic and don't have as much issues as the ones from KS 1 to 3

Big models are a great values in any Bones KS... much cheaper than when they hit the general sales...
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Reaper Bones V Greek Myth
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »
Previews from Reaper for the Greek Myth Add On for the Bones V KS

Offline Greenmantle

• Student
Re: Reaper Bones V Greek Myth
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »
Could you expand a little on this?
If this is a kickstarter then what is the expected completion date?
Also, if this is an ‘add on”, what is it adding to?  I know there are items that Reaper do which would fit with the Greek myths but they seem to be randomly placed amongst other miniatures in their range.  Is there a group of Greek myth minis that these are adding to?

The sculpts look good so I am interested but I have nil knowledge of Reapers Kickstarter programme.

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 11:52:15 PM »
I assume this is a Kickstarter to come.

Nice looking mythical creatures!

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 02:45:57 AM »
It will be part of the current KS, which ends the end of the month IIRC, but doesn't fulfill for a year or so afterwards. Lock-in for pledges is August 30 2020 or something like that.

The KS has a Core Set, plus various small add-ons, and then typically has one or more supplemental thematic sets. It looks like this year there is a Dungeon Expansion, and Asian-themed expansion, a Greek Expansion and an Undersea Expansion.

Last time the expansions were $50 add-ons, and the core set was $100. This year I think the core set is $120. I haven't noticed if the expansion prices have gone up or even if they've been shown yet.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:47:41 AM by Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye »

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 02:50:48 AM »
Also: because they have so many backers they divide them up into waves for each mailing region. Each wave has a later fulfillment date than the previous. When I tried to back this KS, the wave I was trying to back had filled up before I had managed to sign in!

At the end of the KS they will charge my card as usual but I will have until the end of August next year to add on or make changes to my pledge.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 03:35:42 AM »

The first two add-ons are 50$ also this year. The Core Set has gone up by 20$ compared to last KS Core set which was indeed 100$

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Reaper Bones 5 kickstarter
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 05:27:44 AM »
Wow, loving the look of this Myth stuff. Not too pleased with the base pledge at the moment though.

Offline Greenmantle

• Student
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
Thanks to Sir Barnaby for the additional information.

In common with a fair number of war gamers, I tend to have a butterfly mentality, so will likely have moved my interests on from the Greek myths by the time these minis appear.

Hats off to all of those involved in the kick starter.  I envy your forward planning and patience.

Offline Kublaibenzine

• Student
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »
I've never signed up for one of these, so I thought I'd dive in.  I admit the core has  many figs of limited value to me (especially the kid hero sets), but it is an adventure.

Being in Belgium, I expect my wallet to get whacked with pretty awful duty... Any one have experience with receiving these on the continent pre-Brexit?

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »
Love the greek stuff but have no use for any of the figures in the Basic Pledge  :-[

My stuff from Bones 1 is still in the box it came in.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Gabbi

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »
Love the greek stuff but have no use for any of the figures in the Basic Pledge  :-[

Pretty sure you can get just extras, if you want.
i.e. use the $1 pledge then add what you want in the pledge manager.

This said, love the greek mith options. Plenty of uses (OGaM, Broken Legions...)

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »
Or just wait and pick up the single figures you want later when they're released? :D

I didn't buy in to any of the reaper kickstarters and I regretted it at the time, but now I'm glad I didn't; it's a few less pounds of crushing weight of unpainted miniatures for me to deal with :D

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »
I jumped in for a $1 and will probably go for the Greek mythic stuff and a few bigger add ons (dragons and the War mammoth)

That said I got the Lost Valley stuff (which is very nice) on the last KS and haven't done anything with it....

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
Remember, you don't have to pledge for the core.  Just pledge at the 1 dollar level, but add money up to what you want.  That's what I did for Bones 4, and in the pledge manager you can add even more stuff.