Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Dracula's America  (Read 1881 times)

Offline tuco74

• Librarian
15mm Dracula's America
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »
Has anybody played the game in this scale?

I'm particularly interested to know what miniature ranges people have used and terrain/buildings as well. The Blue Moon ranges look ideal but wondering what else would be useful.

I paint every day but haven't gamed for more than a year due to family commitments and I'm looking to find a solo gaming solution. I've settled on gaming plains wars in 15mm but would like to extend this to the old west generally and incorporate Dead Man's Hand/Dracula's America. The plan is to use 15mm minis and the new Sarissa (?) tile system as a semi-portable game board.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
Re: 15mm Dracula's America
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 01:22:38 PM »
It's tempting to put all this together in 15/18mm in addition to the large 25/28mm collections I have, but I just can't be bothered.

That said, I love Blue Moon's stuff - much of it would be quite useful for what you are after. Note: the buildings are correctly proportioned so seem very large for the game, but I think that's the point. I think some could be ok fpr use with 25s frankly.

"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »
I play with 28mm but I will try one day 15mm with my FIW figures.  Khurasan miniatures does nice figures for the cthulhu figures for DA Forbidden Powers.

Good luck.

Luis

Offline tuco74

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »
Note: the buildings are correctly proportioned so seem very large for the game, but I think that's the point. I think some could be ok fpr use with 25s frankly.

Do you mean the Blue Moon buildings? I'm not sure these are available in the UK sadly, unless I'm missing something on the website.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 12:02:42 AM »
Tuco

I wasn’t even aware of Dracula in America until these last couple of days.  Yes, I must be living under a rock or something.  :)

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=121801.0

But if I was ever going to play an Old West Horror game, it would definitely have to be done in 15mm or 18mm.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=121688.0

I got my hands on an HO scale Kibri Saloon and I can’t wait to paint it up.

Dan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:02:12 PM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:20:26 AM by War Monkey »
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 11:53:18 PM »
And Splintered Light has some scattered characters in greatcoats and wide brimmed hats that look like “Old West” vampire/werewolf hunters.  He (I hope) might consider creating a set of just those greatcoats guys.

There are 3 here (guys in hats, front row)
http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/unhucr.html

There are 2 here (back row, second from left, and the guy third from left in front row):
http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/waofri.html

And there’s a really cool one here (middle guy in front row):
http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/adventurers.html

Those SIX specific figures look like they could work for lots of scenarios, from Solomon Kane, to Sleepy Hollow, to perhaps all the way to the Old West!

Dan
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:28:48 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 10:28:42 PM »
I want to do a set up, that will allow me to have a team of investigators for lack of a better term for the moment, that go around the world investigating things like Werewolves, Vampires, and other things that go bump in the night, or antiquities that are haunted or magical properties, a game that is a mix of Warehouse 13, Sanctuary, Indiana Jones and Grim.

All rolled in to one and have it placed in the 1930's, with al the transportation of boats, trains, planes and automobiles. Were your team has conflicts and competition with all of the other world powers of the time, trying to beat each other to the artifacts, antiquities or creatures of legends, myths and folklore from all around the world.   

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 10:52:16 PM »
Monkey

Wow.  Sounds awesome, but pace yourself with that.  That sounds like a pretty big endeavor.  Break it down into stages or sub-projects.  Start with the easiest and work your way to the more elaborate terrain/setups, that way you can have something to play right away while still working on the next/future encounters.

I don’t have anyone to game with at the moment, now that everyone has moved out of the area and I can no longer drive much, so my projects are now all over the place in terms of subject, and in all possible stages, with nothing ready to play.  My adult onset ADHD doesn’t help either.  In other words, do as I say and not as I do.  :)

Dan
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:59:07 PM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 03:23:45 AM »
Yes it is a big project to take on, and yes I'm doing it is small chunks, currently getting the US team together and planning out the British, German and Russian Teams that is mostly making a wish list of figures to use, and looking for some Japanese and Chinese figures too, I have drawn up the plans for a US Sub, an experimental US Patrol Boat and a privately own China Clipper, I have a U-boat on paper and working on a patrol craft and plane.

I have done some historical home work to fine special units that handled such things back then turns out, there were a few all around the Germans had a section and the Japanese had a section!

So I have checked out the rules from Pulp Alley and I am also going to check out a set of rules "FiveCore Pulp Adventure" from Nordic Weasel they're a set of pulp solo rules.