Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A useful Zombie reality check....  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
A useful Zombie reality check....
« on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:46 AM »

8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:45:47 PM by nicknorthstar »

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
Re: A useful Zombie reality check....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
Reminds me of the Father Ted..
Dream Reality..
Anyway if you want to see the real way to prepare and survive I would look up Zombiesquad...

Offline Axtklinge

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »
Bummer... definitely the odds dont look good!
I guess we should re-think our survival tactics before its too late...

Cool link Maximus!
:)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:19 AM »
I've always had a quiet snigger when reading people's 'survival plans' as it often never occurs to them that 'their' ideas are shared by 98% of the population. 'Fortifying your base' should have been No.1 imo.

As an aside, motorcyclist's leathers have to be the most commonly available body armour and quite proof against the gnashing of teeth. Light, available and not too uncomfortable to wear.

Offline bigmanfran

• Librarian
    • The Angry Lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
Excellent points made there.
Bitter,twisted and resentful.

http://theangrylurker.blogspot.com/

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
Finally! Someone who I can agree with on the bloody subject!

Seriously.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
Luckily for me that put down was for American planners. My Zombie/Apocalypse survival plans are still intact with only a few minor corrections. Ok, so most would call it mad planning for a hypothetical, and quite absurd if we're all honest, possibilty; but we'll see who is laughing come the end of the humanity...
That and if zombies do appear I'm half counting the Northern Scottish weather will thin them out a bit. I guess it'll depend on whether they are 'science' or 'horror' zombies...
Hmm back to the drawing board afterall  ;D

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 11:01:53 AM »
I've always had a quiet snigger when reading people's 'survival plans' as it often never occurs to them that 'their' ideas are shared by 98% of the population. 'Fortifying your base' should have been No.1 imo.

As an aside, motorcyclist's leathers have to be the most commonly available body armour and quite proof against the gnashing of teeth. Light, available and not too uncomfortable to wear.

lol  And most "serious" motorcycle clubs also have access to firepower and a decent well-protected clubhouse, so I can see the Angels etc getting a serious rise in membership numbers  ;)

Offline North Emily

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 05:44:57 PM »
I've been doing some thinking recently and run across some weird zombie survival tactic -  here.

Do you also believe that actually doing some Judo rolling punches on a zombie is an awful idea? :o

Offline Cogni

• Lurker
    • Kevin Games
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 03:52:07 PM »
I can definitely say that I'm a bad player of zombie games - I always get killed in the first 1-2 minutes ;D
Join https://kevin.games and start playing just now!

Offline terrement

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 02:22:45 AM »
I've been doing some thinking recently and run across some weird zombie survival tactic -  here.

Do you also believe that actually doing some Judo rolling punches on a zombie is an awful idea? :o

Pretty much believe hand to hand in any form (Judo, Ju Jitsu. Karate, Kung Fu, Boxing, Street Fighting, Wu Tang Clan, General Tsao Chicken, etc.) Is a VERY bad idea.  Understand you sometimes need to go quiet but even then, any implement with some reach and/or standoff distance (sword, spear, bat, roadsign, billhooks, etc,) is better than having to grapple/fight in any form.

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 07:51:07 PM »
Hmmm there’s the danger of accidental infection as well as getting bitten of course but your traditional slow zombie would be pretty useless in a fight I’d have thought. If you knew what you were doing it would be well feasible to chin one I would reckon.

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 10:42:18 PM »
Logically you should be capable of knocking out a zombie - the brain is the vital component and if it’s rattled in the skull in the same way a ko is inflicted on a normal person then a zombie should be knocked out too, right?
But without a living body’s ability to repair/ recover would a KOd zombie stay down for good?

Offline terrement

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 02:07:12 AM »
Maybe, maybe not.   

Just because they are former members of the human race and residing on earth as a mobile undead version doesn't necessarily mean that everything that was true about their functioning prior to changing is the same now. 
Maybe their brain is functional only in a binary manner - on or off - but no shades of grey covering the capabilities and limitations of the unturned human brain.  Just like the human brain experiences emotions that may color their actions, inactions and reactions.  But Zeds?  When was the last time you saw a happy zed?  Or a fearful one?  Or a cautious one?

In a similar manner, Zeds getting headaches, migraines, befuddled by alcohol and such may no longer be possible as their brain has shut down what it doesn't need.  Analogous perhaps to the way the human body has been documented as shutting down major functions of some of the people who should have drowned or died from hypothermia but did not because of the shutdowns.

Of course, it all depends on the functioning of the zeds as defined in your world.  Why do some only shamble while others seem inclined to run?