Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:14:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686637
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Foundry's new shipping prices...  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Foundry's new shipping prices...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
Never had any problems tracking goods from the US to the UK, and the other way too, and Europe also, the postage seem pretty fair really!
Are you a bot, 'cause your posts seem hot...

...for Foundry!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »
Not a bot. But I’ve never had issues with them, or any other companies that charge similar postage costs, sure I would love dirt cheap postage, but I just know that’s not always possible

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 03:43:11 PM »
Seems to be in line with the majority of other companies which have a minimum £5 shipping rate for UK and more for abroad.

I have had to break a parcel down into two to send to the US before now due to shipping there being expensive and the difference of few grams can be quite hefty.
No it is not...

Most go either by weight, a tier system based on a number of packs or subtotal, varying flat rates or a combination, with tracked postage as an add-on. Some have a minimum order level required ranging from £5-£10. AFAIK, Foundry have operated on flat rates, but their earlier in the year prices were reasonable:
Our postage rates (in GBP) are £4 to the UK and £6 to most of Europe, North America and Australasia, or free with orders over £80. A £10 flat rate charge applies to all other countries so that we can send your order by Royal Mail tracked.

Not only has the free shipping level increased to £100, but now us Americans and Australians are paying £2 more than continentals and thrown in the same group as all other countries. ::) Had it been £6 or £7 untracked or £10 tracked for most of Europe, North America and Australasia, I wouldn't have minded it that much. This is just fallout from their last sale... 

Also, odd logic that it will mean you spend less on an order... I do the opposite, wait a bit longer, make the shipping worth it, put a bit more into the order. Mind you, if you know anyone else near you, you could always ask them if they want to go in on an order and split shipping costs.
It's not odd logic: if I'm charged more in one area, I spend less in another.

I could wait once a year 2-3 blister packs and a few paints, but since certain ranges get withdrawn without notice, it doesn't make sense to wait. I'm not doing group orders...
Also, I'm pretty sure you can't include customs fees in a shipping cost as that tends to occur at the point of import and is set by the receiving customs... Strange to suggest it could be included. It might be wise to look into VAT exemptions and suggest that this is put on the declaration form.
eBay's Global Shipping Program: https://www.ebay.com/help/global-shipping-program/default/global-shipping-program?id=4646

I've had to ask sellers if they'd offer real shipping rates, as Pitney Bowes pockets the difference, in some instances skimming off the shipping by removing padding in the packages at their hubs.

Pretty sure that in most instances books are exempt for example.
I already said books and toy soldiers are exempt...

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 03:47:06 PM »
Not a bot. But I’ve never had issues with them, or any other companies that charge similar postage costs, sure I would love dirt cheap postage, but I just know that’s not always possible
Why are you repeating yourself? I don't want dirt cheap postage...

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
Hardly repeating myself, but I guess we have different views and I can’t be bothered to go back and forth
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:05:30 PM by majorsmith »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2019, 04:09:04 PM »
Don’t buy from them?

And this possibly should be in commercial.

Cheero
Guy
I would like to, but they're the only ones carrying the old Citadel line...

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 09:35:09 PM »
Just to clarify:
https://store.warlordgames.com/pages/shipping-delivery
£5 UK & EU, £15 rest of the world.

https://www.manticgames.com/shipping-details/
£5 UK, 10 Euro's EU, $12.50 rest of the world.

Wayland Games doesn't seem to have a page for it but having put something in the cart, it's just added on £6.85 after updating it with my address so I think we can say that is likely to be £5 minimum UK orders which means it's likely to be in line with the others above.

Others may be less expensive but have no tracking involved and tend to suggest a 'base' rather than a fixed amount. It's not that unusual.

In fact, flat rate of £5 in the UK is nuts if you ask me, and I'm not sure that stating that it costs similar to ship within the US as it does from the UK to the US supports a for or against view.

I certainly haven't been able to send anything to the US for less than £10 for at least 6 years, and that is t-shirts every year.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 08:54:58 AM »
My issue with it is it’s not geared for small orders. I like Foundry paints. I recently just needed one triad colour set from them for £8 but had to pay £4 postage. Now it will be £5. Okay they would say they want to encourage you to buy more but that’s all I wanted.

Unfortunately a Set of Triad paints will come in as a small parcel and would cost them same if you have had bought ten. Post doesn't work on price but on the size too. £4 seems reasonable to me for postage but if the £5 includes tracking then that is also very reasonable.