Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689705
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 733
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LPL13 Leaderboard - Final Results  (Read 52283 times)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
Re: LPL13 Leaderboard - Final Results
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
Massive thanks to all painters and, of course, organisers. :) Being on the spectator side this time, I feel almost ashamed for going through the entries so quickly without giving them all the attention and appreciation they would deserve. After all, even the most basic entry still takes a significant amount of effort until a pile of lead with mould lines and all that has turned into a presentable photo, typically even with terrain and whatnot to complement it. And plenty of entries here definitely aren't "most basic" at all but carefully planned and wonderfully implemented scenes where you can see a whole story behind the minis - or in the minis themselves.

It's customary to congratulate the winners, which I also do, but I especially hope that everyone who participated can now look at a formidable array of painted (and even documented) minis and find the greatest reward in that sight alone. Maybe they'll go into a cabinet, maybe to a private game, possibly even to a convention game or other event? Whichever it is, every painted miniature still makes the world a better place. Looking at the new entry points column of results, there should be plenty!

I definitely want to see season 14 and hopefully have better luck with my schedules then. However, now I'm completely confused about when it might take place. lol

The lead in time is definitely important, though this year I suppose we weren't sure it was going to happen at all. We also wanted to be done by Christmas as we figured people either wouldn't want the intrusion, or wouldn't want carrying over the holidays into the new year. Especially not when that's BSC territory (see the announcement in Workbench).

Very valid points, accepted. There might be some grave consequences if you pushed aside the Christmas dinner to have some space on the table for the last photo shoot. >:D

Anyway, if you aren't finished yet with your various celebrations, please proceed. :)