Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout Wasteland Warfare  (Read 1900 times)

Offline bazookajoe

• Librarian
Fallout Wasteland Warfare
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:35:07 PM »
My first venture into Post-Apocalyptic war gaming.  The figures are expensive but I really liked the computer game (started with the very first one) so gave into temptation. More pics to follow...

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: Fallout Wasteland Warfare
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »
I have the game and have never played it. I bought it, and in the interim I went off and built an entire post apoc world (terrain, whole factions, etc). So by the time the game was delivered I was pretty happy with my own designs. I've been kicking around selling it or keeping it.

I'll be interested in hearing your take on the game.

Offline bazookajoe

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 03:34:36 AM »
A few super mutants.  They are hard to photograph given the dark colors.  I went a little crazy with the rust.

Offline bazookajoe

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 03:48:15 AM »
As for the game, I was initially put off by the pictures showing different colors of dice, cards and many small tokens.  However, I watched a few videos of people playing the game and began to think that it looked interesting and made sense.  I was particularly taken with the AI system.  I have now played about 6 or 7 solo games using AI as an opponent.  While the rules take a while to get used to as they are different than many other systems out there, I have come to enjoy them and will continue.  I have come to like the multi-colored dice and cards for different weapons and upgrades.   The tokens are a little fiddly but you also get used to them. Several points to improve: the basic AI rules are pretty easy to understand but the more advanced AI rules (subject A and object B or some such) are almost incomprehensible so I just ignore them and do what I think makes sense.  Also, some mechanism for character advancement would be really great.  I know there is an RPG version but I don't have it and apparently there is no solo/AI method.  I know character advancement will be hard given the cards with set stats.  To be fair, I have not yet tried settlement mode so perhaps that will give me what I am after.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »
Figures look great, and thanks for the thoughts!

Offline bazookajoe

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:58:08 AM »
Nora fighting some radroach swarms.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:06 PM »
Nice looking figures, I have played the game myself but I feel it's forces drawing me in (must resist, must resist it's powerful forces  ;D)
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline bazookajoe

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:57:28 PM »
Its a good game.  It seems confusing at first but its fun once you get into it.  There are also some useful videos.  The War Budgie ones are really great.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 07:18:56 PM »
Thanks, I'll put it on my wish list for now.