Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:14:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690760
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Fantasy Lots of Them  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
15mm Fantasy Lots of Them
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:05:30 PM »
I have just completed another eclectic batch of 15mm fanatsy figures for my ever growing collection, which will just grow and grow.....watch this space or at least my blog lol

As is my whim 15mm does not restrict me to just 15mm figures or ranges.  As you can see I use a wide range of miniatures of different scales and designed for different games.

For more pictures and more of my poor writing please check my blog

https://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com/

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: 15mm Fantasy Lots of Them
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 05:39:06 AM »
Looks great, love the use of 28mm models for your conversions!  :)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:57:38 AM »
mix of thing from different scales works really well - collection looks great.

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »
Very nice, keep 'em coming!

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:59:15 AM »
Back at work and back at the painting table.

Here are some work in progress shots of a new faction and new 'unit'.  I have continued my reuse of old GW Warhammer figures in my Chaos Plague faction, the large infantry are the old metal Plague bearers and the nurglings are units of poison dart spitting monsters who are good at close combat.

The second is a mock up of an Empire Horde units, a regiment based on the Renaissance Spanish Colunelas, a combined arms unit of pike, shot and close combat troops.

once complete I will try and work out some stats for Kings of War which is my go to rules at the moment.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 08:05:50 AM »
The huge steamtank works really well, and also many of the demons look really scary in 15mm. Great!

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 08:17:19 AM »
Finished the Plague Horde, I do have some more of the Nurglings to base up, but forgot the bases lol

I really do like these guys and think they work great in 15mm.  The larger Plague Bearers will be (in KoW speak) large infantry and have some of the traits of trolls with rejuvenation abilities.

The smaller Nurglings will be a close combat infantry unit with a poisoned ranged attack, not sure what bonuses I will give for the poison ability.

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 08:25:36 AM »
A new Orc tribe, these are made with the wonderful Battle Valor figures.  I have backed both of the BV kickstarters and the figures are just great!!  The sculpting and variation of these figures is amazing and they are a joy to paint!

I have decided to paint the flesh a red/brown colour to truly make these stand out as a separate tribe on the battle field. 

Here is a mock up, I forgot the bases, an Orce Horde (KoW speak) of 48 figures.  I love the look!

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Those BV orcs are fantastic! If I wouldn't have chosen the Demonworld ones long ago, this would be top on my shopping list. Your paint job gives them a perfect LotR vibe! :-*

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 11:07:34 AM »
Those BV orcs are fantastic! If I wouldn't have chosen the Demonworld ones long ago, this would be top on my shopping list. Your paint job gives them a perfect LotR vibe! :-*

Thank you, I really do like these Orcs and I do have about 1000 Demonworld Orcs which are fantastic and form another Tribe in my fantasy realm lol

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
My latest addition to the 'Non Empire' troops is the finished Colunela.

They are painted up as troops from the State of Talabheim and i think they look great.  The unit, in KoW terms would be a horde.  It consists of 24 Pike/command, 16 shot and 8 melee troops.  They are based on  60x80mm, which fits with me 80mm frontage basing convention.

I will be painting some more of these types of units, they will look great on the table.  I just need to work out some Stats for them....

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 11:19:14 AM »
The latest addition to my Battle Valor Orc Tribe, and they are based and finsihed.  I base of Large Cavalry or as Ed calls them 'Line Breakers'. They are great little models and will be the only mounted contingent in the Tribe, although I will a few War Mammoths...