Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)  (Read 14749 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »
Pssst..  :D

There are further adventures coming.  I’ve got all the terrain built from scratch and almost all the miniatures for Blood Moon painted, but I ordered a single miniature for it and the order was screwed up...so it’s been 4 weeks of waiting.  In that time I also painted all the miniatures for the Burning Light missions.

I’ve been posting all the terrain and minis as they are finished on Facebook.

Also Pre-ordered the deluxe version of the game and have been perusing the PDF.
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2019, 06:39:07 AM »
The order mix up sounds frustrating but at least you have kept yourself busy. I look forward to seeing your report on Blood Moon.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
I know it’s been a while since I updated this thread...doesn’t mean I’ve been idle.  Just a quick image of all the miniatures I’ve painted specifically for this game since the thread started...

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2020, 03:56:13 PM »
Wow man thats an impressive collection.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2020, 04:09:06 PM »
Wow man thats an impressive collection.

...you should see the UNPAINTED collection! :)

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »

...you should see the UNPAINTED collection! :)

lol lol

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2020, 03:32:04 PM »

lol lol

What’s even more “funny” is that I gave my sister about 200 miniatures I had that I wasn’t going to paint so I wouldn’t have to sell them on eBay...and that doesn’t include the 150 or so I AM already selling on eBay.

I’m trying to only keep stuff I’m going to paint/use.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2020, 10:13:37 PM »

BLOOD MOON...Where be the monsters!?

The moon was full, the lake was placid, and the horrors from the dark side...were pretty darn wimpy!

In classic dungeon delver tradition, the party split up immediately.  Flewdurr led the right wing, Jane led the left wing, and Rebecca said screw it and swam right up the middle.

All the monsters were quickly dealt with under a volley of arrows, with a couple flies being easily dispatched in a single round of combat.  The bloodthirsty adventurers eagerly awaited more...but hardly any showed their ugly faces, and when they did, they were immediately pincussioned with good rolls (including a crit).

Covin, who had eaten all the rations turned out to be a Werewolf, and was summarily hacked to bits.  When the second werewolf appeared, there was a dogpile...er...wolf pile on him, and he was pushing up daisies before he could tear out any throats.

...and those annoying crotchety old men and bratty welps appeared just in time to give the stalwart heroes some XP.

The “good guys” didn’t take a SINGLE point of damage the entire mission. 😮

I have mixed feelings.  I really enjoyed the prep for the game, loved the idea, had fun playing...but never felt tense or challenged.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2020, 07:00:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

It does sound like the dice gods have blessed you Grubman...maybe you should use some different dice :D

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

It does sound like the dice gods have blessed you Grubman...maybe you should use some different dice :D

I did roll VERY good the entire game.  I didn’t lose one combat roll (although I did have 1 tie).  On the Facebook page, people have reported having a hard time with the scenario.

I haven’t lost a scenario yet, but there have been a couple real nail biters.  Who would have thought a game would be MORE fun when things go wrong, ha ha.  I think I’m going to replay this one in the future, and I expect the results may be very different.