Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)  (Read 15019 times)

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
I think the worm looks great!  However, that spot where the lower lip hangs down a bit is just begging for a strand of hot glue drool....

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
I think the worm looks great!  However, that spot where the lower lip hangs down a bit is just begging for a strand of hot glue drool....

Funny you should say that...I’m planning on buying a glue gun this week.  Hmmmmm...
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
OK, seriously...am I stupid?

So, I bought this “terrain crate” (and twern’t cheap!) to save time building dungeon terrain.  All I had to do was prime and paint it...

...but once I took it out, I felt weird, like it didn’t fit in, like I was taking the easy way out.  So, I whipped up some terrain out of foam and popsicle sticks (literally, and took, maybe 15 minutes).  Painted it this morning.

Yeah, proportions aren’t 100% accurate...but it made me feel warm and fuzzy.  I guess off to eBay with the terrain crate (to take another loss), and time to get to work crafting.

Is there something wrong with me?

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
I was in on the Terrain Crate kickstarter, so I have everything in that box.  I wouldn't be too hasty about moving it out.  There's several bits in there that won't be nearly as easy to construct yourself. 

Also, the wooden pieces you have as your example will paint up just as quick as the stuff you made - why not try that and see how it looks to you?  If nothing else, it'll add variety and quantity to the amount of furnishing terrain you have!

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »
I was in on the Terrain Crate kickstarter, so I have everything in that box.  I wouldn't be too hasty about moving it out.  There's several bits in there that won't be nearly as easy to construct yourself. 

Also, the wooden pieces you have as your example will paint up just as quick as the stuff you made - why not try that and see how it looks to you?  If nothing else, it'll add variety and quantity to the amount of furnishing terrain you have!

Already listed on eBay...just not my style I guess.

I also finished all my terrain, and did the next scenario, if anyone cares.  The battle report was on Facebook...where the adventure will continue.  :)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 01:37:03 AM »
Already listed on eBay...just not my style I guess.

I also finished all my terrain, and did the next scenario, if anyone cares.  The battle report was on Facebook...where the adventure will continue.  :)

Not going to continue posting the adventure here?

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 03:41:16 AM »
Not going to continue posting the adventure here?

Wasn’t planning on it.  Don’t want to sound like an attention whore, but I’ve been away from the hobby for several years and it’s pretty exciting to get back into it again.  I seem to remember the forums being a bit more active (or maybe I used to do cooler stuff), and taking all the time to write up an actual ,play and post a ton of pictures, only to get one or two comments isn’t very gratifying compared to how excited I am to share (although I do appreciate everyone’s comments and compliments).

I’ve never really done Facebook much before, but I can post there (which is actually faster, since I don’t have to host pics and do all the cut and paste) and almost instantly have multiple comments and conversations, and all those “likes” to at least know more than 1 or 2 people are actually enjoying what I’m doing.  Plus, since it’s specific to that game, there is a lot of sharing and bouncing around ideas.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2019, 08:03:12 AM »
Although posting in forums is such a hassle compared to Instagram or Facebook, it will be there for a longer time. The Facebook layout makes it hard to keep track of everything, and anything older than a week will get lost eventually.
Great work on the dungeon, btw. Must have been tedious all that brick drawing, though in the end it really pays off.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »
There’s also all the gate keeping of FB. You have to join FB, then you have to join the specific group. Plus, deal with the ads, ‘sponsored’ and ‘suggested’ posts. A bunch of noise. And this is before mentioning a madman collecting and selling your data.

Forums like this are free for all to see and fairly noise free.

Though it’s true there’s no dopamine hits from ‘likes’. Plus, FB is very easy to post pics to, for sure.

I wish there were some middle ground. The ease and direct interaction of FB, but without all the cruft.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 12:53:23 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
Ok, points taken...posterity is good, especially if someone else is considering picking up the game and does a search.  The more opinions, and takes on the game, the better.

I’ll post updates a bit later today.  Thanks guys.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2019, 02:24:09 PM »
Tor Varden, Lower Level...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  Our heroes entered the tower at a disadvantage when our thief, Rebecca, failed to pick the tower door lock and Schmedly smashed it with his shoulder.

The first room exposed a Goblin Shaman conducting a horrible experiment,stitching body parts together.  All the goblins were quickly dispatched, but not before the Shaman killed Rebecca with one monstrous blow. (Disappointed I didn’t get to use my converted Solomon Grundy flesh golem).

Next the party moved to the Armory, where blows were exchanged with more snot nosed goblins.  Baldrick, the recruit, dramatically killed a goblin with one critical blow in revenge for Rebecca.  Why these goblins had fairy dust, we may never know.

Finally our stalwart gang enters a room where a Hobgobling sgt. and more grubby goblins are busy torturing a priest, a princess, and a soldier.  The first thing the hobgoblin does is slit the throats of the soldier.  A massive battle takes place, and amidst all the splattering of blood, Baldrick falls with a gaping wound in his belly...but at lest the other two prisoners are rescued, as well as a badly abused dog.

So, the fearless adventurers prepare to ascend the stairs, only 3 in number (and two of those wounded).  Flewdurr our Ranger, Jane the Barbarian, and Schmedly the Templar barely take time to bind their wounds before continuing.  Fortunately Rebecca and Baldrick will live to fight another day.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2019, 02:29:07 PM »
Such a pity the Blasphemous Construct didn’t got a chance. At least the rangers didn’t have to deal with it.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
Tor Varden:  The Upper Level...SWEET VICTORY!

Leaving a grievously wounded Rebecca and Baldrick downstairs, Flewdurr, Schmedley, and Jane surmount the cold stone steps to emerge from a trap door on a most grisly scene...

At first, our heroes chose stealth (staying out of sight from all but 1 archer).  But,  soon enough they were discovered, and the fearsome Shadow Knight swooped in.  Our steadfast Ranger Flewdurr drew first blood, before it became a dog-pile of slashing blades!

Even poisoned, from the foul air, out heroes took down the demonic entity.  Jane, who seemed strangely resilient to the poison cleaned up the rest of the rabble, while Flewdurr and Schmedley tried to keep up and guard her flanks.

An accurate shot from Flewdurr’s elvish bow, strung with magic harp strings, and the last invader of Tor Varden fell to the stone floor with an arrow shaft between his eyes.

After unchaining the prisoner, there were many pats on backs and passing of the wineskin! 

Victory was theirs....this time!

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
Such a pity the Blasphemous Construct didn’t got a chance. At least the rangers didn’t have to deal with it.

I think I was mostly disappointed because I didn’t get to yell out loud to myself, “Solomooooon GRUNDY!!!!” In my best 80s Superfriends voice.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing your adventures grubman Sounds like a fun couple of games.

Shame about Soloman Grundy but you could always replay it just for fun and make sure he wakes up.

Lovely terrain set up.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new