Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:34:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689498
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)  (Read 14960 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep (Flewdurr’s epic quest)
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
Just finished playing The Last Stand (report coming soon-ish), but first...

All the scratch built terrain I’ve made for this game in the last month and a half...and I’m only through the first 3 missions, ha ha...Truly an awesome game for taking advantage of the BEST aspects of the hobby of wargaming. 🙂

The picture doesn’t do the sheer volume justice IMHO

Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2019, 09:00:57 PM »
Nice collection !

I plan to use my heroscape collection, personaly !

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »
I plan to use my heroscape collection, personaly !

I...don’t even know how to respond to that....um, to each his own, I guess :)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2019, 09:15:29 PM »
That is quite a haul...I guess after a while you will need to build less and less...maybe... :D
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
That is quite a haul...I guess after a while you will need to build less and less...maybe... :D

Yeah, already got multiple uses out of the basics....but the more to build the better, for me that’s the fun of it. :)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2019, 10:11:27 PM »
Some really useful terrain there. You should get loads of re-use out of that.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2019, 11:30:21 PM »
This thread does not disappoint! I am loving looking at your work on the figures and terrain, and I'm enjoying following the team's adventures.

-Michael

Offline Chillyray

• Assistant
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
I love your work, in particular, the houses. I am at exactly the same stage. just finished my rocky outcrops for "The scree". I hope to put up some pics soon. Already I have become very attached to my Ranger and his companions!

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »
I love your work, in particular, the houses. I am at exactly the same stage. just finished my rocky outcrops for "The scree". I hope to put up some pics soon. Already I have become very attached to my Ranger and his companions!

Me as well...I guess if one does it will make for a more dramatic tale, but not sure if I would ever be able to use the mini for anyone else.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2019, 07:29:12 PM »
I...don’t even know how to respond to that....um, to each his own, I guess :)

lol

I improved/pimped a big amount of heroscape tiles (paint, weathering, flock), I plan to use it to "terraform" the terrain, and then add "classic" scenery on it, of course ;)

Offline Nordic1980s

• Librarian
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2019, 10:46:29 PM »
This is so far very interesting take, with scenery modelling, talk on figure aesthetics, funny fantasy personalities and scenarios that give positive vibes of old school 1970s D&D modules. Like what I always wanted Advanced Heroquest to be, after gaming through the original Heroquest. I don't even play this RoSD game but am already picking up inspiration for my own games of D&D/Warhammer/whatever - please continue! :-*

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2019, 12:57:06 AM »
The Last Stand...OMG!

Before I write a very brief and vague synopsis...I just want to make some general commentary.

First...AWESOME scenario.  Wave after wave of nail biting attacks.  Just when you think it’s over for the heroes, a few descent rolls save your bacon...only for the next wave of attackers to rush on.

Total chaos from table edge to table edge.  I’ve enjoyed playing solo, but this scenario REALLY made me wish I had played with a group, both to handle the chaos and to share in the mayhem.

So...the scenario started with the burrow worm in the center on the house.  So Baldrick rushed in to protect the civilians and was killed on the very first combat roll of the game!

Flewdurr spent the entire battle outside the house, shooting approaching monsters (even taking down a troll with missiles) and engaging any that got close in hand to hand...surviving the battle at about half his health.  He even managed to secure a treasure on the last turn.

Schmedley fought heroically...but true to form, he bit the big one about half way through the scenario.

Rebecca rushed to grab the treasure, but as usual, her heroic side got the best of her, and she fell trying to protect the civilians from the horde of goblins that kept appearing.

Old reliable Jane made it through the entire confrontation (the 6th one she survived), jumping from one fray to another.  She was the hero responsible for keeping most the civilians alive.

The fighting men all fought bravely, but the odds were stacked against them, and they all perished (two from the same troll). Even the civilians got in lots of licks with their daggers...except the rat-catcher, who spent all but the last 2 turns staring out the same window, and never even made an attack roll.

Lots and lots of fun, and Flewdurr advanced to 4th level. :)

Offline Neunfinger

• Scientist
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2019, 06:09:20 AM »
Hey Grubman,
Love this thread, so much inspiring terrain with the entertaining reports being the cherry on top. I'm really glad you don't post on FB exclusively, reading a whole, coherent thread is much for pleasant than the clutter of FB posts to me.
Sounds like a very exciting last stand your guys made. I played the all the core book missions with my wife and most of them ended without casualties on our side. I feel like having more than one ranger makes the game a lot easier and the extra companions you get don't make up for it. That being said, I'm not complaining too much, the scenarios are still a blast, just enough narrative to keep you interested while being vague enough not to hinder your own imagination.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your terrain and gaming.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »
Wow, what a bloody and desperate game, I hope it makes up for the previous scenario.

Sounds like Man o'Match goes to Flewdurr and his machine gun bow arm :D

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
Pssst..  :D