Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689775
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BLAM Game: Sharpe's Bastards! FFOL Peninsular skirmish  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Re: BLAM Game: Sharpe's Bastards! FFOL Peninsular skirmish
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 02:41:48 AM »
Beautiful looking game!  :-*
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »
Lovely photos Andy, and they game looked even better in person Nick! :-*

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »
Sort of gaming set up to lose yourself in for an hour's derring-do!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 05:27:48 PM »
Yes, what a visually compelling table and presentation.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
Great photos guys. The game itself was cracking. The narrative driven scenario worked really well for engaging the players and the set up was just stunning. Hugely enjoyable stuff. Thank you.

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 11:43:16 PM »
A lovely looking game! 8)

Christopher

Offline grambo589

• Student
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »
As a fellow 40mm Peninsular collector this is a fantastic looking game and I recognise many of the individual figures (great painting). I think the Ducos set of 4 is by Steve Barber? I have just started making some generic Spanish style buildings for mine as I could not find anything big enough but I'm thinking you have used the Table scape 28mm models? If so they look perfect for the scale and would save me loads of time.

Very inspiring that table, I'd like something like that myself eventually so thanks for posting the great pics :)

My 40mm Peninsular blog if you would care to have a look, I feel like chucking the church in the bin now!

https://napoleonictherapy.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
As a fellow 40mm Peninsular collector this is a fantastic looking game and I recognise many of the individual figures (great painting). I think the Ducos set of 4 is by Steve Barber? I have just started making some generic Spanish style buildings for mine as I could not find anything big enough but I'm thinking you have used the Table scape 28mm models? If so they look perfect for the scale and would save me loads of time.

Very inspiring that table, I'd like something like that myself eventually so thanks for posting the great pics :)

My 40mm Peninsular blog if you would care to have a look, I feel like chucking the church in the bin now!

https://napoleonictherapy.blogspot.com/

Hi, Yes the civilians are Steve Barber Models. I believe he has more on the way as well. :)

The buildings are 28mm Grand Manner ones, purchased before he decided to stop selling them unpainted. ::)

I'm on the hunt for some of the HLBSC 95th Rifles figures in soft hats and bare heads, but can't find any anywhere. I even contacted HLBS but they don't have either. :'(

Your blog looks great, I've seen your threads here on LAF and its wonderful. My project is purely skirmish games, I admire your dedication to do larger battles in this scale.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:55:42 AM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing