Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Victrix Scots  (Read 4416 times)

Offline garyapsledene

• Bookworm
New Victrix Scots
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »
Hi

You all may read about the new releases of the Victrix Scots, a box of each the Centre and flanks companies.

Looks very nice, however, I plan to buy only the Scot Centre company box as I already have lots of Brit Flank companies and use their arms to add onto the Scots to make flank companies.

I have already used the Brit flank figs for converting into Light Infantry by using the Light Co. Heads. As you can see, I had too many British Flank guys as in a Brit Batt as they only account for 20%.

I often wondered why Victrix use separate Boxed sets for the British Centre and Flank companies but for the French set - contains everything for a batt.

Anyway, they are all nice and are ideal for skirmish wargame.

cheers

I've been told that I am an all round nice guy, well, that what he said before I shot him

Offline PaulJB

• Librarian
    • movealongnownothingtoseehere
Re: New Victrix Scots
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »
Hi, the french flank companies only need a different coloured pom pom on their shako, whilst the British troops have the birds nests on the shoulders.

I do agree though Victrix should have done the flank coy as an option and only released one box.

Paul
--
Paul Baldwin
Evesham, England

"You wouldn't know a subtle plan, if it danced naked on top of the
harpsichord singing subtle plans are here again!"

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »
The French Flank company also have different épaulettes than the regular fusilier. I too wonder why Victrix didn’t put all the figures needed in one box for the British... I bought a box of British Centre company when they got out but I still wonder what I should do about the Flack Coy. since ordering a box of them will leave me with a lot more figures that I need…  :-[
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »
The French Flank company also have different épaulettes than the regular fusilier. I too wonder why Victrix didn’t put all the figures needed in one box for the British... I bought a box of British Centre company when they got out but I still wonder what I should do about the Flack Coy. since ordering a box of them will leave me with a lot more figures that I need…  :-[

Conversions spares????
argsilverson

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

Conversions spares????

Easily done as they are plastic  :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

Well, I could do some British Marines… I just saw that they are to release metal heads and weapons for them...  :)

Offline Mr Mipps

• Bookworm
    • http://mywargamingcorner.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »

Apart from the shako badge, how about a light infantry battalion?

Being plastic the shako plate could be adapted.
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
I may buy some of these with the intention of using them for Flintloque. Some simple conversions to turn them into Ratmen shouldn't be too hard.

I am just waiting for the Russians to come out...  :)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »

Well, I could do some British Marines… I just saw that they are to release metal heads and weapons for them...  :)

Yeah I red that on the Victrix website, I'll pick some up some  to make marines with figures left over from my boxes for Sharp Practice.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.