Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some 15mm ACW I did this past week.  (Read 898 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Some 15mm ACW I did this past week.
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:37:59 PM »
Here are some 15mm ACW figs I've done over the past week.  This is Kemper's Brigade and the Irish Brigade.  Flags still to be done.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Some 15mm ACW I did this past week.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:36:35 AM »
Some people will be in disbelief that you did all that in one week but I know it is very doable.  I used to crank out ACW by the hundreds - probably the easiest period to paint for me.  Yet another back log I've been working on lately.  The bugaboo is having time.  Always the challenge.

Nice work and enough to have a game already.  Part of why I love 15 mm.  Paints faster, is less subject to 'quality of paint job' pressure since it is very much a 'gaming' scale (though there are those whose artistry in this size is astounding).  Costs less, takes less room to store, and provides for a much larger battle field to play on in the same space.  And better figure to ground scale aesthetic.  What's not to like!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 07:55:47 AM »
At first I thought they were 28mm!
Massive and impressive! Congrats!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 04:54:48 PM »
Well done.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
Thanks guys.  I like 15s for the same reason.  For periods with smaller battles, like the Great Paraguyan War or the Carlist Wars I do like my 28s with lots of detail, but when you have massive battles smaller scales are the way to go. 

I do the Crimean War in 10mm.